Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 370613 times)

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook protocol
« Reply #390 on: 04 05 2015, 05:34:24 »
cra3y, hi,

captchas are caused by different thing than useragent. I think you can have almost any useragent you want and Facebook won't complain. You correctly guessed that "DeviceID" in Miranda means persistent cookie from Facebook which identifies active session. And showing or not showing captchas is related to the particular DeviceID, yes. Because Facebook can start thinking that some computer (active session) is infected by some malware. That's why it then shows captchas or login error that you need to clean your computer first.

How Facebook guesses that on some session is malware? Probably by using old or invalid communication requests, deprecated API or something like that. Useragent doesn't matter here (maybe unless it's some known malware id). Few days ago I changed/fixed some things which could have caused this, so hopefully it will be okay from now on.

When you're already seeing captchas, you can delete DeviceID to "create" new session with next login, and/or just fill the captcha codes and Facebook will stop showing them to you in a few hours/days probably.
« Last Edit: 04 05 2015, 05:35:58 by Robyer »
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline G.K.

Re: Facebook protocol
« Reply #391 on: 22 05 2015, 15:22:55 »
G.K., I don't understand. Please provide me a screenshots capturing this problem. ;-)
Sorry for so late answer. I'm a Slowpoke chieftain. :D

I cannot make a screenshot right now because i reinstalled windows and have no miranda for now. I'll try to do it soon but will try to explain now: when someone sends me a message with a picture attached, i can see only text with no images.

Offline G.K.

« Reply #392 on: 22 05 2015, 15:43:25 »
And that's a screenshot. :(

Offline Robyer

« Reply #393 on: 31 05 2015, 07:12:57 »
Did you get around to add log for ticker feeds Robyer?
I remember this request, but it's still haven't done it yet.

2) Sometime this month, direct links to facebook photos stopped appearing in conversations when someone sends you a picture.  It just says "User sent an unsupported attachment. Open your browser to see it." 
I have a question: is it possible to fix a problem with attached images what aren't appearing in the chat window?

Finally fixed (including shared links)! Tomorrow available in your Miranda (if you use development version) :)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline delerue

« Reply #394 on: 04 06 2015, 19:24:49 »
Doc Boy, no, it's just unexpected page / unsupported security check or something like that. It should be easily fixable, but I need access to that broken account... (or it to happen to my account)

I know it's been a long time since you posted this message, but now I have an account with this problem and I can provide you any information you want.

Just to clarify: I can't login with almost no browser (any help with that will be great :) ), it doesn't matter if it's fresh new or has all the data (cache, cookies, history, etc) cleared; in fact it doesn't matter even the OS (I'm attaching the error). With Miranda I couldn't login ('unknown error') until I deleted the DeviceID with DBEditor.

EDITED: now I can't login with Miranda anymore. Same 'unknown error' message, even when I delete DeviceID or try a new Miranda install. :(
« Last Edit: 04 06 2015, 19:45:36 by delerue »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #395 on: 05 06 2015, 04:23:13 »
delerue, maybe five users already reported me same issue (in last 2 weeks or more), but as it's a problem on server side (you cannot login in web browser), I can do nothing with it.

I'm not sure if it fixes itself for them, or they still have the problem, but:
1) Some users said that after deleting the DeviceID with DBEditor for around 5 times or more Miranda was able to login.
2) DeviceID in Miranda is basically a "datr" cookie from web browser. So if deleting DeviceID helps, then by deleting cookies in your browser few times you should be able to login there too.
3) This cookie holds your "login session" which means you need only that single cookie to be logged in. So, you can copy it from working browser or Miranda to another browser or Miranda and you will be able to use Facebook on that too.
« Last Edit: 05 06 2015, 04:25:02 by Robyer »

Offline delerue

« Reply #396 on: 05 06 2015, 15:01:40 »
Thanks, Robyer. I've managed to use the same cookie that works in another machine. In regard of Miranda, you're right: deleting the DeviceID a few times usually works. :D

Let's wait until Facebook says something about this annoying problem.  :(

Offline aekotra

« Reply #397 on: 13 06 2015, 23:33:17 »
Robyer, thank you for your work and your patience!

A few issues I am curious about... (I am using the YAPP plugin)

• The title of a News Feed popup is often truncated even if it contains useful information.  For example, if a friend is attending an event, the title is often truncated to "X is going t..." and the body is empty.  AFAICT the only way to fix this is to widen the popup which is not ideal...

It seems like it would be better to include only the friend name in the popup title and the "activity" (likes, going to, etc) in the popup body.

• When receiving a "X liked this" News Feed post, left-clicking the popup opens the post owner's profile not the liked post itself. 

• In many cases, a News Feed popup only contains "X liked this" with no additional information.  So far, this seems to happen on liked...
    • profile picture changes
    • Page posts
    • photos

The result is that I have to click on every "like" notification to find out what's being liked!
« Last Edit: 13 06 2015, 23:36:22 by aekotra »

Offline borut

Odp: Facebook protocol
« Reply #398 on: 22 06 2015, 18:02:43 »
There is no file transfer options in the protocol facebook. This will be?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #399 on: 22 06 2015, 18:13:52 »
borut, file transfers are not possible right now. Maybe in the future, but I don't have time these days...

Offline Robyer

« Reply #400 on: 22 06 2015, 18:16:23 »
aekotra, are you talking about newsfeeds or tickers? Some of your points seems more like tickers ("someone liked something" etc.) and for tickers it's somehow hard (if something hasn't changed) to get content of the "ticker story".

Offline borut

« Reply #401 on: 22 06 2015, 18:19:06 »
borut, file transfers are not possible right now. Maybe in the future, but I don't have time these days...
I understand how you find the time it thank you in advance. I do not need it to, but sometimes would have used. ;)

Offline aekotra

« Reply #402 on: 22 06 2015, 18:36:26 »
aekotra, are you talking about newsfeeds or tickers? Some of your points seems more like tickers ("someone liked something" etc.) and for tickers it's somehow hard (if something hasn't changed) to get content of the "ticker story".

They should be News feeds; I don't have Ticker feeds checked.  I've only enabled:
  • Notifications
  • News feeds
  • Other events
  • Client notifications

Basically, they are posts that appeared in my News feed because a friend liked them. 

Offline cust

« Reply #403 on: 26 06 2015, 01:24:27 »
Can't you get around adding log for ticker feeds Robyer :-[

Offline borut

« Reply #404 on: 28 06 2015, 08:13:19 »
After today's update components Miranda NG, there is no active services FB and "View Profile", "Go to the notifications".:(