Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 373492 times)

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #240 on: 19 07 2014, 08:09:02 »
Black Sniper, Hi, I experienced similar issue too. I'll try to investigate it.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline aekotra

Re: Facebook plugin
« Reply #241 on: 19 07 2014, 23:04:04 »
I'm waiting for ghazan to fix me hook that tells me when message is read in Miranda. But sadly he is not much into it right now...
It works, until you open message window - then it's marked automatically as you receive message. That's what must be fixed, so feel free to ask him.

Is there a bug for this in Trac?  I couldn't find one...
« Last Edit: 20 07 2014, 06:15:05 by aekotra »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #242 on: 20 07 2014, 06:33:42 »
aekotra, I just created it: http://trac.miranda-ng.org/ticket/746
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline AniFran

« Reply #243 on: 31 07 2014, 19:38:33 »
Well, just want to say great work on the plugin. I have read the info and still not sure why i'm getting the error too like some ppl. My guess is don't the FB plugin need the app access like other app the get feed info and so forth and I do not have anything for miranda in my FB apps.

Anyway, my error is the same "goto FB services --> check feeds" and I never get anything other than the loading "news feeds" window and nothing else comes up. I'm also running the development builds if that helps at all.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #244 on: 31 07 2014, 21:53:58 »
AniFran, for me it works, so it means you have different "version" of Facebook website. It's common, they are pushing updates in waves, so news will affect only some people at a time. You can help me (or actually yourself) by contacting me over ICQ/Jabber/FB and borrowing me your account so I can understand what's different and fix it.

And yes, Facebook plugin isn't an app, but it behaves like classic web browser. That's why there are such problems with compatibility for different people. On the other hand it gives me opportunity to use all features not limited by public Facebook API.

Offline AniFran

« Reply #245 on: 31 07 2014, 23:29:37 »
I will add you to FB and jabber, thank you for taking the time to reply and I have no problems helping you out with this. I have moved over from years of using trillian to this client and love it.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #246 on: 03 08 2014, 20:40:24 »
I’ve noticed a weird issue. When someone writes an "à" at the end of the message, I receive an "Ã" instead. It doesn’t happen with other non-ASCII characters in the middle of the message. If I look the message log inside facebook website, it shows correctly. Looks like some problem with UTF-8 encoding.

Haven’t tested other protocols as I just use Miranda NG for facebook.

I’m using facebook RM plugin 0.2.7.0.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #247 on: 07 08 2014, 02:44:25 »
Chungalin, thanks for report, it is fixed now. Problem was with function for removing white spaces at the end of strings.

Offline laserpeasant

« Reply #248 on: 11 08 2014, 11:03:58 »
Yesterday I got disconnected and since then I can't log in at all. The error message is either Login error: Probably bad login credentials or Login error: Unknown error
It works fine with browser and messenger app. I removed Miranda from the trusted browsers on fb, but nothing changed.

Any idea about this?

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #249 on: 11 08 2014, 12:13:02 »
laserpeasant, try to delete key "DeviceID" in section "Settings/<your fb account internal name>" (through Dbeditor++).

If it won't help, contact me on ICQ/Jabber/FB directly.

Offline laserpeasant

« Reply #250 on: 11 08 2014, 13:09:52 »
Ah, thank you, that worked! I read this somewhere, but I thought that was refering to the trusted browser section on fb.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #251 on: 11 08 2014, 13:14:50 »
laserpeasant, removing it from Facebook should have similar result, but obviously Facebook still remembers some information about that device (Miranda in this case) and behaves differently. Deleting DeviceID from Miranda is like connecting with fresh new browser :-)

Offline Doc Boy

« Reply #252 on: 11 08 2014, 20:54:58 »
Many thanks Robyer, I had the same issue and your solution worked.

Could this be caused due to being forced to use Messenger on smartphones now?  :-\

Offline Robyer

« Reply #253 on: 11 08 2014, 21:41:15 »
Doc Boy, no, it's just unexpected page / unsupported security check or something like that. It should be easily fixable, but I need access to that broken account... (or it to happen to my account)

Offline Myshor

Odp: Facebook plugin
« Reply #254 on: 12 08 2014, 19:14:26 »
I see that today update add new statuses to the contacts.

1. On the phone (Not sure how it is in English - I use Polish Langpack).
2. Grayed "On the Phone"/Grayed "Online"

The first is something I understand. The people using Messenger/Facebook Mobile.

The new thing is that grayed/lighter version of online/on the phone.
It looks like somebody hasn't us in the contact list... However if I see this person I know I am in his/her contacts.

Is it something like "Away"?
If Yes then when this stat will be added to the selection?
Now I have Hidden set in my autoaway setting. Away could be better than Hidden in them.

I hope my English is understandable and You know what I am asking for.  ;D

Fear my anger, fear my power.
I'm Dark Angel undercover.