Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360260 times)

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #375 on: 07 02 2015, 08:53:28 »
I just commited bunch of new fixes/improvements. Important changes are working "idle" (i.e. sending info about how long miranda user is idle), updated channel request and added ping request.

I'm not exactly sure what results will be caused by this. So if you'll experience some weird stuff going on (like you're online in Miranda but your friends doesn't see you online), let me know :)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline cust

Re: Facebook protocol
« Reply #376 on: 24 03 2015, 03:52:18 »
Hello Robyer
Thank you for the updates
Can do a little fix to include facebook ticker feed to group chat for logging?
I would be very thankful  :THUMBS UP:

Offline Robyer

« Reply #377 on: 24 03 2015, 09:49:22 »
cust, sure, I'll do that, but I'm not sure when yet. :)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline cust

« Reply #378 on: 24 03 2015, 17:51:40 »
cust, sure, I'll do that, but I'm not sure when yet. :)
Great :THUMBS UP:
While we are at it; try to make it at separate group chat from notifications  :)
Enjoy your beer  :DRINK:

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook protocol
« Reply #379 on: 27 03 2015, 07:43:25 »
cust, yep, it will be separated for all types of notifications (newsfeed, ticker, notifications). And thank you! :THUMBS UP:

Offline aekotra

« Reply #380 on: 01 04 2015, 00:38:19 »
Thanks for all your work on this.  I have a couple issues:

1) I've been on the dev version for about a year and this is still true for me:
I never receive any event notifications.  I have all types checked in Facebook->Events.  Manually 'Check Newsfeeds' gives me a 'Loading Newsfeeds...' event that doesn't change (never completes?).  I don't have an event plugin, I'm just using the stock popups.

2) Sometime this month, direct links to facebook photos stopped appearing in conversations when someone sends you a picture.  It just says "User sent an unsupported attachment. Open your browser to see it." 

Offline Robyer

« Reply #381 on: 01 04 2015, 19:13:17 »
Thanks for all your work on this.  I have a couple issues:

1) I've been on the dev version for about a year and this is still true for me:
You'll need to contact me directly via ICQ/Jabber/FB and I will need to check/adapt code for your account (there are often different "versions" of Facebook code for different bunch of users).

2) Sometime this month, direct links to facebook photos stopped appearing in conversations when someone sends you a picture.  It just says "User sent an unsupported attachment. Open your browser to see it." 
Similar issue was already known for me since the beginning (with sharing URL links as page preview). I'll try to fix it all, but it wasn't easily possible before.

But for both issues I can't give you release date as now I'm solving private things these days/weeks...

Offline KalterGrog

« Reply #382 on: 09 04 2015, 11:51:58 »
I just read Facebook is shutting down the XMPP API. Does this mean the plugin won't work anymore? :(

(German) source

EDIT:
Facebook announcement
« Last Edit: 09 04 2015, 11:54:18 by KalterGrog »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #383 on: 09 04 2015, 12:51:29 »
KalterGrog, no, plugin will work without changes, because I'm not using official FB nor XMPP API, but plugin behaves just like web browser - communicating via/on main website (without official API) :-)

Offline KalterGrog

« Reply #384 on: 09 04 2015, 14:12:10 »
KalterGrog, no, plugin will work without changes, because I'm not using official FB nor XMPP API, but plugin behaves just like web browser - communicating via/on main website (without official API) :-)
Ah, good to hear that, and thanks for all the work you put into the plugin!

Offline Aztek

« Reply #385 on: 15 04 2015, 10:43:48 »
Since yesterday i can't connect to my facebook account via miranda. Miranda tries to connect for about 1-2sec, then just switch back to offline status. I tried to make backup and switch to stable version of miranda, but it still doesnt work :c I also tried to log on to 2nd account - but with same results.

Edit. I just downloaded fresh miranda and tried to log in to my profile, well... look at the screen. What is that even mean? :v

Edit2. Ok, it was error from facebook itself. I was suspected of having malware on my computer. Relogin on facebook page helped me with this issue with scanning program :D
« Last Edit: 15 04 2015, 21:58:33 by Aztek »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #386 on: 17 04 2015, 06:24:18 »
Aztek, yep, more people separately reported me similar issue about need to clean your browser. But still only few (around 5 users) and I wasn't been able to "fix it" in plugin because I don't have account to reproduce it on. By "fixing it" I mean let Miranda to press that "next next ok".

So if anyone will have this problem from now on, let me know.

Offline cust

« Reply #387 on: 19 04 2015, 22:55:03 »
Did you get around to add log for ticker feeds Robyer?

Offline Robyer

Odp: Facebook protocol
« Reply #388 on: 20 04 2015, 06:02:00 »
No, yesterday I only tried to fix login when Facebook request that computer clean (I need feedback on that), but otherwise no other development (too busy these weeks).

Offline cra3y

« Reply #389 on: 26 04 2015, 11:06:30 »
Hi

I tried to find solution, how to avoid captcha, when i send link to someone (captcha appeared after small period of time, when Miranda was used - it wasn't there at the begining)

My idea is to spoof facebook, that miranda is a web browser.

I found few cookies (when i has been logged in FB via Opera)
datr - value from this cookie is a Device ID

I copied this value into Device ID and FB shows me (under Settings -> Security -> login location) that "Device name" is a "Opera in Windows" - that's great!!!

But there is a "Device Type" field which show "Unknown" and when You hover mouse pointer over there, it will show You "MirandaNG/0.95.4.13028. Facebook Protocol RM/0.2.10.6".

Could You spoof this value? For example "Opera in: Windows 8"?

Regards
Chris