Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 370673 times)

Offline delerue

Re: Facebook plugin
« Reply #360 on: 05 01 2015, 15:59:24 »
Hmmmm! I see the problem, and I'm glad that it's almost fixed!

Thanks, man! :)

Offline delerue

« Reply #361 on: 06 01 2015, 22:54:41 »
It's working almost perfectly now! :)

Almost because the delay between the send command and the message showing in the history is a little bit annoying. I can't think of a perfect solution neither, but maybe the message could be shown in the history instantly, and then the time would be modified when the server replies the correct timestamp. Any better idea?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #362 on: 07 01 2015, 07:09:23 »
Showing old timestamp and then modifying it is bad idea (bad UX).

Best would be add message to message log with icon or text "Sending" (and without timestamp), then on error replace it with "Error - Try again" which would be clickable link,... and on success remove "Sending" and add result timestamp. I think I saw something similar in QIP and I always wanted it - also for accepting/rejecting files they have it as inline link.

But maybe it might be complicated for implementation? I have no experiences with RichEdit... (or time to learn or do it)

Anyway, it works with this delay with Scriver/TabSRMM too, so...
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline delerue

« Reply #363 on: 07 01 2015, 15:52:07 »
Robyer, you have a great idea. It would be wonderful if someone could implement this.

Offline Aztek

Odp: Facebook plugin
« Reply #364 on: 07 01 2015, 22:18:31 »
Can i change my nickname? It's always Name Surname pattern, i don't want this. I changed it in database (Facebook -> Nick), but then it automatically changed back :c

Offline Robyer

« Reply #365 on: 07 01 2015, 23:50:25 »
Aztek, you can't. It just uses "name surname" pattern as you said.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline r_a_d

« Reply #366 on: 13 01 2015, 08:34:25 »
Now it's the second time it has happened to me following.. I have a miranda facebook chat window open (Facebook RM 0.2.9.9) with User_1. Then I open a web browser, go the the facebook site and send a message to User_2, but that message appears in miranda facebook chat to User_1. Don't understand how it is possible:)

Offline Robyer

« Reply #367 on: 13 01 2015, 09:28:25 »
r_a_d, you're the third one who reported me this issue. But I haven't got time for debugging and fixing it yet.

Offline r_a_d

« Reply #368 on: 13 01 2015, 09:48:36 »
No problem, it's not an issue I couldn't live with :)

Offline FabioAreia

« Reply #369 on: 21 01 2015, 22:42:59 »
Can you make a group chat where posts from newsfeeds appear?
Like TWITTER plugin do?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #370 on: 22 01 2015, 03:32:29 »
FabioAreia, yes, when I'll have time...

Offline G.K.

« Reply #371 on: 04 02 2015, 20:03:38 »
Thank you very much for a plugin!
I have a question: is it possible to fix a problem with attached images what aren't appearing in the chat window?
Thanx)

Offline Robyer

« Reply #372 on: 04 02 2015, 20:49:32 »
G.K., I don't understand. Please provide me a screenshots capturing this problem. ;-)

Offline Aztek

Odp: Facebook plugin
« Reply #373 on: 04 02 2015, 23:31:23 »
I think we have some serious problem since last update. Screenshot as attachment.
Msgs that i'm sending directly from website fb appears in conversation with completly different person.
My SO has the same problem, so im not alone.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #374 on: 06 02 2015, 10:00:21 »
r_a_d, Aztek, I just commited a fix ;-)