Author Topic: ICQ and unofficial messengers?  (Read 101824 times)

Offline dartraiden

Re: ICQ and unofficial messengers?
« Reply #120 on: 26 01 2019, 18:57:23 »
You have 4 options:
- install "Last seen" plugin. Plugin puts last contact activity time to contact context menu. So you can know when contact actively using the ICQ app
- install "Last seen" plugin and enable "Contact list" → "Row items"→ "Second line" → "Status message". You get same info directly in contact list
- install "Last seen" plugin and Tipper plugin. After doing some tweaking Tipper can show last seen info
- ask contacts to installl Miranda NG :)

Online ellick

« Reply #121 on: 26 01 2019, 23:25:49 »
@dartraiden    I will try the last seen plugin but while it then gives info like the official icq app, it's still the same problem.   "Last seen" isn't the same as the on or offline.   Users have no idea if it means they're actually still online and simply in another window or if they logged off entirely.

Like I said, I realize this a change in ICQ itself and not Miranda NGs fault

Offline dimwalker

« Reply #122 on: 31 01 2019, 14:46:02 »
Can I install dev version on top(same path) of existing stable one or will it mess everything up?

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #123 on: 31 01 2019, 14:53:05 »
Yes and you can just switch to dev version in updater settings.

Offline feeluck

« Reply #124 on: 01 02 2019, 15:16:01 »
welp. still not able even after a month of waiting to log into icq, not even with the dev version.
i'm a simple user without special knowledge in programming or other stuff like that, i'm unable to follow those instructions in this thread.
i was hoping for a fixed version somewhen in january, but since nothing is happening i guess i'll need to just run the actual icq program.

i just wanted to thank you for all those years of excellent miranda IM experience. maybe i'll come back to miranda, if this is fixed and easy to use.
(you cannot expect every user to have an affinity to dig in files and change stuff.)

Offline lokapal

« Reply #125 on: 01 02 2019, 21:00:06 »
welp. still not able even after a month of waiting to log into icq, not even with the dev version.
i'm a simple user without special knowledge in programming or other stuff like that, i'm unable to follow those instructions in this thread.
It IS relatively easy.
1. Login to https://web.icq.com/
Press "I already have an account"
Check your login, password, be sure that you can login. if you cannot - reset password, write down the new password.
2. Use 0.95.11 dev version ("options->Services->Plugin updater->"Development version (less stable)")
3. update to dev version
4. enter login and password in "Main menu"->"Accounts" or in "Options->Network->ICQ"
If you have Windows XP SP3 or Vista SP2 updated or Windows 7 SP1 update or Windows 10 updated - it should connect immediately.

Offline seriewoordenaar

« Reply #126 on: 04 02 2019, 13:22:09 »
Either way you can't tell if someone is actually there.

Smartphone contacts are permanently shown as online... because they are... but do not bother looking at it when I send a message. So, I do not send messages to them - they will have to send a message to me first.
When my ICQ is shown online to my contacts, I'm available because I only use this on a desktop PC, and this works as intended. ICQ accounts pop up and disappear when they start their PC or shut it down, but smartphones usually remain online.

Offline seriewoordenaar

« Reply #127 on: 04 02 2019, 13:39:52 »
It IS relatively easy.
1. Login to https://web.icq.com/
Press "I already have an account"
Check your login, password, be sure that you can login. if you cannot - reset password, write down the new password.
2. Use 0.95.11 dev version ("options->Services->Plugin updater->"Development version (less stable)")
3. update to dev version
4. enter login and password in "Main menu"->"Accounts" or in "Options->Network->ICQ"
If you have Windows XP SP3 or Vista SP2 updated or Windows 7 SP1 update or Windows 10 updated - it should connect immediately.

I tried this, and now Miranda NG just crashes on start-up (although Miranda NG claims to support Windows XP SP3 - it definitely does not, probably because the processor in my PC does not support SSE2).
So, I removed Miranda NG altogether and will stick to Pidgin which works fine with ICQ.
« Last Edit: 04 02 2019, 13:47:11 by seriewoordenaar »

Offline lokapal

« Reply #128 on: 04 02 2019, 16:38:04 »
I tried this, and now Miranda NG just crashes on start-up (although Miranda NG claims to support Windows XP SP3 - it definitely does not, probably because the processor in my PC does not support SSE2).
I personally tested miranda-ng 0.95.11 dev 32bit in two Win XP situations: one really old Windows XP SP3 Pro computer (AMD Phenom CPU) that has XP converted to POSready by registry setting
Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
"Installed"=dword:00000001
to receive upgrades still and virtualized Windows XP SP3 Pro in VMware.
Frankly speaking I wonder - where did you get relic properly working PC without SSE2 support. It has to be something like Intel Pentium III (ceased to manufacture in 2001) or AMD before Athlon 64 (AMD K7 ceased to manufacture in 2005). I guess all capacitors are dried at motherboard and/or in PSU, initial IDE hard disk should be replaced twice or even more times and so on....

Offline seriewoordenaar

« Reply #129 on: 04 02 2019, 18:17:07 »
Frankly speaking I wonder - where did you get relic properly working PC without SSE2 support. It has to be something like Intel Pentium III (ceased to manufacture in 2001) or AMD before Athlon 64 (AMD K7 ceased to manufacture in 2005). I guess all capacitors are dried at motherboard and/or in PSU, initial IDE hard disk should be replaced twice or even more times and so on....

FWIW:
My self-built PC is >17 years old (11/2001) and uses an AMD Athlon XP 1500+ processor which does not support SSE2. The motherboard is still the original MSI K7T266 Pro2 Series MS-6380 2.0. The only thing I replaced was its BIOS battery. Even the processor fan and PSU are still the original ones, despite the fact that they run 12 hours a day. The system uses its fourth IDE HD now... The secret of its longevity? Quality components and maintenance.
If Pidgin works fine on such an antiquated system, why shouldn't Miranda NG?

Offline Sob

Re:ICQ and unofficial messengers?
« Reply #130 on: 05 02 2019, 18:23:05 »
If Pidgin works fine on such an antiquated system, why shouldn't Miranda NG?
Maybe it's not worth doing for five user worldwide? ;D

(don't take me too seriously)

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #131 on: 07 02 2019, 21:21:27 »
FAQ was added to first post.

Offline netspider1

Re:ICQ and unofficial messengers?
« Reply #132 on: 11 02 2019, 00:43:46 »
Why? Searching and adding works perfectly (in actual builds).
When we fix these horrible bugs.
the horrible bugs seems fixed, so when we would see a stable release 0.95.11? I tried the new stable version of ICQ plugin in the last stable MirandaNG 0.95.10.1 but it's not showing at all in the list of plugins
I dont want to use dev versions, since 20 years I haven't use it and wouldn't start use it now  :DRINK: My history file contains 15 years of records and hope continue keep my conversations for many another 15 years at least until my retirement after 2060 year  :DRINK:

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #133 on: 11 02 2019, 06:10:39 »
We already released new stable version
https://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=5707.0

I tried the new stable version of ICQ plugin in the last stable MirandaNG 0.95.10.1 but it's not showing at all in the list of plugins
Post Version Info please

Offline netspider1

« Reply #134 on: 12 02 2019, 06:28:04 »
Thanks, it was my fault, I wasn't using the last stable release. Now all is OK, no issues.
I redo my Miranda pack with all last stable release plugins and protocols and upload it here:

https://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=5715.0

Works like a charm. Thank you