Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 437285 times)

Offline ghazan

Re: WhatsApp
« Reply #345 on: 12 02 2015, 14:06:31 »
I am again getting popups for old tpoic changes at every first signin after a restart of miranda.
then after converting old chats some of them got broken.
are you sure that the chat with these topic changes has no history in clist contact's menu?

MPK

« Reply #346 on: 12 02 2015, 14:11:06 »
MPK, ghazan says that old contacts that used to be groupchats - is the cause of this.
Have to disagree :( It is also the case with groups i created today.

MPK

« Reply #347 on: 12 02 2015, 14:24:14 »
then after converting old chats some of them got broken.
are you sure that the chat with these topic changes has no history in clist contact's menu?
Yes. For testing i now deleted all Whatsapp Contacts via the DB Editor. Of course groups reappear and at every restart i get the popups.

After deletion of all contacts i also had the effect again that my nickname was changed to one of the groups.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #348 on: 12 02 2015, 16:41:43 »
fixed

Offline watcher

« Reply #349 on: 12 02 2015, 20:41:00 »
WhatsApp has been updated in stable builds.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #350 on: 14 02 2015, 15:31:45 »
Today one WhatsApp group has been renamed to '(Unknown contact)' (simple quotes are visible too) for no apparent reason. Also, all new unread messages come with the same time and it’s wrong. This could be a WA server problem, but I report just in case...

It’s not the first time that I see that (Unknown contact) flashing when loging in, but it disappears almost instantly.

Offline watcher

« Reply #351 on: 14 02 2015, 16:48:40 »
Today one WhatsApp group has been renamed to '(Unknown contact)'

Check your nickname in plugin's settings, most likely you'll find the name of this group. Enter your nickname, apply and restart.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #352 on: 14 02 2015, 23:31:35 »
My nickname is fine under plugin’s settings, but now I’ve discovered this new option Default Group. What does it mean?

Offline watcher

« Reply #353 on: 14 02 2015, 23:40:25 »
new option Default Group. What does it mean?

That newly added contacts will go to that group instead of being out of groups.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #354 on: 15 02 2015, 15:36:48 »
Interesting and useful. However, the term is ambiguous, since WhatsApp chats are called Groups (Group Chat), the same as Miranda contact Groups. I would rename it to "Default contact group".

By the way, something is creating a new contact group named "Chat rooms" in root group category. Everytime I delete it, it recreates upon restart.

Spoiler
[close]

Still new unread messages show up with the same time (the time I open the window for 1st time).

And something new: the status bar shows the name of another chat group!

MPK

« Reply #355 on: 15 02 2015, 18:16:36 »
when i click on a popup to open a group chat that just got a message, it opens the topic in contact layout and not group chat. Therefore there is no access to history and messages are not seen. Is that a whatsapp problem or tabsrmm?

Offline watcher

« Reply #356 on: 15 02 2015, 23:55:02 »
since WhatsApp chats are called Groups (Group Chat), the same as Miranda contact Groups. I would rename it to "Default contact group".

By the way, something is creating a new contact group named "Chat rooms" in root group category. Everytime I delete it, it recreates upon restart.

Spoiler
[close]
Please read forum rules.

Offline NazZaR

« Reply #357 on: 16 02 2015, 04:11:56 »
Still getting an "registration unsuccessfull" error.... This continues for weeks now.
All builds is nightly. And, i try only one registration attempt per day. What is wrong?

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #358 on: 16 02 2015, 11:59:17 »
OK, I didn’t know about that "Add new rooms to group...". Sorry if I’m reporting issues that are not WhatsApp plugin related. :-[

Messages sent by others while I’m offline lose their original timestamp and they’re shown with time/date I log in to WhatsApp. This affects Chat Groups and individual contacts.

Offline KBeng

« Reply #359 on: 16 02 2015, 13:02:29 »
Everytime I restart Miranda, my previously set & applied Nickname gets reset to the name of a (random?) existing WA group (latest 0.1.2.9).