Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 430198 times)

Offline watcher

WhatsApp protocol
« on: 19 11 2013, 07:14:38 »
This topic will be dedicated to WhatsApp plugins development.

« Last Edit: 19 10 2022, 17:57:58 by dartraiden »
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

The following users thanked this post: Wishmaster

Offline nikkho

Re: WhatsApp
« Reply #1 on: 23 11 2013, 11:23:28 »
Thanks for the updated version.
Only problem I see (existing since the beggining), is that moving a contact to a group, is not permanent as soon as Miranda NG is restarted.

Offline watcher

« Reply #2 on: 23 11 2013, 22:58:27 »
even if you add them permanently to list? (right click on a contact)
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline nikkho

« Reply #3 on: 24 11 2013, 07:46:24 »
Ideed is what I do. Right click on a contact, and them Move to group.
After that the contact is moved, but when Miranda NG is restarted, the contact is again out of the group.

Offline watcher

« Reply #4 on: 24 11 2013, 08:57:08 »
No, first you have to add them to permanent list as i said earlier. Only then move them to group.
Please read forum rules.

Offline andib

« Reply #5 on: 24 11 2013, 11:09:39 »
hello watcher,
i was looking forward to this for a long time!
Great work, i love it! Thank you very much.  :)

Do you think it's possible to add whatsapp-smiley-support in the future?
Does anyone know how the android-smartphone-app creates the password?

Offline nikkho

« Reply #6 on: 24 11 2013, 12:44:19 »
No, first you have to add them to permanent list as i said earlier. Only then move them to group.

It works. Thank you for helping.

Offline watcher

« Reply #7 on: 24 11 2013, 13:25:36 »
andib, unfortunately i am not an author of this plugin - i'm only maintaining fresh compilations and moderating this topic, but i hope author reads this and will reply shortly.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Deeem2031

« Reply #8 on: 25 11 2013, 16:43:32 »
Thanks for the plugin even if it's still in development.
I wanted to let you know that i cannot login with the latest version (the whatsapp-icon stays offline whatever i try).
It works fine with the files you posted on the 19.11.

Offline watcher

« Reply #9 on: 25 11 2013, 18:08:18 »
Deeem2031, did you try to re-request a password with a new WART-1.5.4.0.exe utility that you can find in in Plugins folder?
Please read forum rules.

Offline Thvle

« Reply #10 on: 01 12 2013, 21:48:00 »
It will be possible to talk to people using mobile?

Regards.

Offline watcher

« Reply #11 on: 01 12 2013, 22:43:22 »
It will be possible to talk to people using mobile?

Regards.

If you manage to register a new account in miranda, using the provided tool - yes, it can communicate with people that use mobile, no server list though - you will have to add their numbers manually in search and then add them to permanent list.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Thvle

« Reply #12 on: 01 12 2013, 23:12:21 »
If you manage to register a new account in miranda, using the provided tool - yes, it can communicate with people that use mobile, no server list though - you will have to add their numbers manually in search and then add them to permanent list.

How can I add manually? I dont know :(

Edit: okay, I know :D
« Last Edit: 01 12 2013, 23:47:56 by Thvle »

Offline mrclfdz

« Reply #13 on: 02 12 2013, 07:32:15 »

first thanks for taking the time to moderate the topic and thanks to the author for this great plugin

now: I wasn't going to ask but since you said it...
I'm trying to add users manually using the find/add contacts. I paste the Whatsapp ID: ###########@s.whatsapp.net then I hit search and nothing is found, then I click on add to list, add the new name but when I click on "add" nothing happens, the contact won't add, perhaps I'm doing something wrong, could you shed some light on it please? the only way I can add users is if another other sends me a whatsapp message. then I hit add permanently and it allows me to click on "add"

EDIT: I finally managed a way to do it. simply by replacing the id of one of the users I already have on my contact list on the "profile".dat file, then logging in and replacing the old name for the new one, don't try replacing it on the same profile.dat file or miranda will crash. this way I have been able to add several users. maybe there's another way but now this one does the trick, thanks anyway.

cheers.
« Last Edit: 02 12 2013, 08:26:12 by mrclfdz »

Offline n3311

« Reply #14 on: 03 12 2013, 16:35:29 »
Thanks for the plugin even if it's still in development. I wanted to let you know that i cannot login with the latest version (the whatsapp-icon stays offline whatever i try). It works fine with the files you posted on the 19.11.

Same problem here. I already used the new WART utility, but it still doesn't log in. The password and my number work well with the Wassapp programm.