Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 437280 times)

Offline blubbfish

• Jabber: Jabber ID
Re: WhatsApp
« Reply #330 on: 10 02 2015, 14:55:00 »
Maybe i have trouble with my Miranda or its a Bug.

When i send a Message to a Whatsapp Group it won't show my own message in the Tabsrmm Groupchat Window, but send it out into the world.
Before Groupchat was used it works.

Greedings Blubb
Mööh machte der Rasenmäher

Offline ghazan

« Reply #331 on: 10 02 2015, 15:49:49 »
Maybe i have trouble with my Miranda or its a Bug.

When i send a Message to a Whatsapp Group it won't show my own message in the Tabsrmm Groupchat Window, but send it out into the world.
Before Groupchat was used it works.
the problem persists with the old simple contacts erroneously set as chats
you need to kill them, otherwise your message will be written to their history, not to the chat's one

Offline blubbfish

• Jabber: Jabber ID
« Reply #332 on: 10 02 2015, 17:05:40 »
Killing them and a restart solved the problem :) Maybe put that to the wiki?

Thx
Mööh machte der Rasenmäher

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #333 on: 10 02 2015, 20:39:58 »
Just downloaded process explorer to make stack which could help to find out issue which makes whatsapp freezes miranda. updated to the last version and surpize. it's unload now correctly, Thanks for fixing

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #334 on: 10 02 2015, 20:55:09 »
Killing them and a restart solved the problem :) Maybe put that to the wiki?
ghazan,
Maybe those contacts could be automatically deleted if you upgrade from older version?

Offline watcher

« Reply #335 on: 10 02 2015, 21:23:28 »
Wishmaster, users will eat us alive for their lost history.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #336 on: 10 02 2015, 21:23:42 »
ghazan,
Maybe those contacts could be automatically deleted if you upgrade from older version?
then all people will lose their histories...

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #337 on: 10 02 2015, 22:45:55 »
One of my contacts has "offline" instead "last seen..." and now doesn't have avatar. What does it mean?

Offline riki

« Reply #338 on: 11 02 2015, 01:16:20 »
ghazan,

Or maybe upgrading from older version could duplicate those contacts, slightly changing their ID so they remain in the database and the histories aren't lost. Before doing that it could ask permission from the user.
Or maybe the upgrade procedure would be too cumbersome?

Offline watcher

« Reply #339 on: 11 02 2015, 07:04:44 »
Or maybe upgrading from older version could duplicate those contacts, slightly changing their ID so they remain in the database and the histories aren't lost.

That would be great - question is if ghazan can implement it...
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #340 on: 11 02 2015, 21:35:52 »
Or maybe upgrading from older version could duplicate those contacts, slightly changing their ID so they remain in the database and the histories aren't lost. Before doing that it could ask permission from the user.
Or maybe the upgrade procedure would be too cumbersome?

Done. It wasn't supposed to have the same ID in a first place, just turned out this way.
Please read forum rules.

MPK

« Reply #341 on: 12 02 2015, 09:21:13 »
I am again getting popups for old tpoic changes at every first signin after a restart of miranda.

Offline watcher

« Reply #342 on: 12 02 2015, 09:46:40 »
I am again getting popups for old tpoic changes at every first signin after a restart of miranda.

I see only those i've missed. The ones that happened when i was online don't induce popup on next restart and i don't see them in chat log.
Please read forum rules.

MPK

« Reply #343 on: 12 02 2015, 10:14:36 »
I see only those i've missed. The ones that happened when i was online don't induce popup on next restart and i don't see them in chat log.
strange
For me it is the following:
at every start miranda is showing popups with topic update for all groups i am in.
the very first message after every miranda start in all my groups is a topicupdate which is not logges in a file.

also deleted a group but still the same. how can i help you getting that error ;)

EDIT: after deleting the group and it was autoreadded at next start, my nickname was changed to the topic of the group :S
« Last Edit: 12 02 2015, 10:21:54 by MPK »

Offline watcher

« Reply #344 on: 12 02 2015, 14:04:49 »
MPK, ghazan says that old contacts that used to be groupchats - is the cause of this.
Please read forum rules.