Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 430438 times)

Offline Monty

Re: WhatsApp protocol
« Reply #810 on: 28 01 2016, 10:32:05 »
Most likely it will be fixed very soon.

Today I got an update for WhatsApp.dll via Updater. But this version doesn't connect. Only Thug's version is connecting and working.

Offline Thug

« Reply #811 on: 28 01 2016, 13:37:57 »
Today I got an update for WhatsApp.dll via Updater. But this version doesn't connect. Only Thug's version is connecting and working.
There were actually no updates since the past week. The updater will offer to update any dll that differs from the latest one on update server. So don't update it untill the changes will be applied to SVN (I guess watcher or someone else from the dev team will inform about it)

Offline Sunlight7

« Reply #812 on: 28 01 2016, 15:57:26 »
The only annoying thing currently is this:

13:16:44 Server: unable to parse resource
  13:51:43 Server: unable to parse resource
  14:12:01 Server: unable to parse resource
  14:58:44 Server: unable to parse resource
  15:32:08 Server: unable to parse resource
  15:55:26 Server: unable to parse resource

Offline Kajuru

« Reply #813 on: 28 01 2016, 18:41:25 »

We need to know what kinda info the plugin isnt sending to the server.
In the mean time, you could add that contact and ignore it.

Offline Thug

« Reply #814 on: 28 01 2016, 21:52:48 »
Interesting, I don't even have this contact :) As Kajuru said, you can just ignore it (options - contacts - ignore).

Obviously, it doesnt't send the resource. That was the trick to avoid encryption. Who knows how long it will work...
« Last Edit: 28 01 2016, 21:58:57 by Thug »

Offline CleriC

« Reply #815 on: 29 01 2016, 05:31:49 »
Now working the official whatsapp plugin (which comes through update plugins)? Or just plugin Thug work?
Come/sent messages? Pictures (links)? Group chats open?
«События происходят, Дела делаются, Но нет индивидуального деятеля».
«Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer thereof».

Offline vbprofi

« Reply #816 on: 29 01 2016, 08:03:52 »
I have tested it a little bit more. After removing the resource in pidging at all I was able to receive a normal message from my test account on android emulator. Now I'm also able to get normal messages from my test account in Miranda too (with any valid resource). Looks like the server saves the effect for the contact you ineracted for some time. This means that we can still bypass the encryption :) But removing the resource and client version in miranda makes it fail to connect. I guess pidgin uses default values when the resource field is empty. The default resource in pidgin in the old plugin build I use is supposed to be "Android-2.12.173", but it doesn't work. So let's try in Miranda the latest one (Android-2.12.407 by now).

Can't test it since all my contacts are asleep ;D Please try it (32-bit dll + tortoise svn patch in attachment).
If this doesn't help, try using pidgin with the empty resource field.

until yesterday night are works. Today I geht that:
[08:58:54 30B0] [WhatsApp_1] Connecting...
[08:58:55 30B0] [WhatsApp_1] Exception: Login failure
[08:58:55 30B0] [WhatsApp_1] Set status to offline
[08:58:55 30B0] [WhatsApp_1] Break out from Loop

What is happend? I don't Change the Logindata. Is an bug or I Need new Registration?

Offline Thug

« Reply #817 on: 29 01 2016, 08:47:33 »
Now working the official whatsapp plugin (which comes through update plugins)? Or just plugin Thug work?Come/sent messages? Pictures (links)? Group chats open?
Only mine, everything works, but group chats still glitch - you can open them if someone else sends there a message when you are online. BTW, when had chat groups started to glitch? I remember them working well. It doesn't look like some update on the official server. Could we mess it up ourselves? I believe a guy who implemented them can fix them in no time ???

vbprofi, You have quoted a post with failed dll. The working one is there. You could also automatically update to miranda's latest dll, which fails to connect.
« Last Edit: 29 01 2016, 09:08:55 by Thug »

Offline Robyer

Re:WhatsApp protocol
« Reply #818 on: 29 01 2016, 08:57:23 »
Thug, so what did you changed? You only maked resource string empty?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Sunlight7

« Reply #819 on: 29 01 2016, 09:01:00 »
Thug, so what did you changed? You only maked resource string empty?
In his Archive File you will find a File called "wapatch.patch", there he is showing his Changes.

In the mean time, you could add that contact and ignore it.
Ignoring works, I can give you only the Hint, as longer I was Online as shorter the Intervals becomes of getting this Message
« Last Edit: 29 01 2016, 09:03:33 by Sunlight7 »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #820 on: 29 01 2016, 09:11:24 »
Sunlight7, thanks, commited. Here are 32/64 binaries - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxodvndbmp0yh9x/WhatsApp.7z?dl=0

EDIT:
"Ignoring works, I can give you only the Hint, as longer I was Online as shorter the Intervals becomes of getting this Message"
// Uhm... so, is it safe to use?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

The following users thanked this post: Thug

Offline Thug

« Reply #821 on: 29 01 2016, 09:28:08 »
commited
Thanks  ;D

If you meen a possible account ban - no idea ??? They have fixed the previous workaround with invalid resource without banning anyone. I heard stories only about banning people who used WhatsAppPlus. Personally I think they could ban Miranda users long time ago if they wanted so. I hope they chose a soft policy against third-party clients.
« Last Edit: 29 01 2016, 09:33:35 by Thug »

Offline Sunlight7

« Reply #822 on: 29 01 2016, 09:34:42 »
"Ignoring works, I can give you only the Hint, as longer I was Online as shorter the Intervals becomes of getting this Message"
I'm Online with it since Thug posted his Update, still works

Offline vbprofi

« Reply #823 on: 29 01 2016, 10:02:21 »
I'm banned. I don't know why. Have somebody an idea?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #824 on: 29 01 2016, 10:29:45 »
vbprofi, after using Thug's version? Or without using it?