Author Topic: Facebook protocol issue  (Read 12872 times)

Offline PrzemekRyk

Re: Facebook protocol issue
« Reply #15 on: 09 05 2016, 16:17:47 »
Thanks.
I can expect this is actually because Miranda (Plugin Updater) is updating files while they are being used (while Miranda is still running). That's what viruses often does.
But it's not related to the problems with Facebook captchas and antivirus checks.
Ok. I just wanted to give an info what's going on when I received from Facebook a message, that I probably have malware in my PC. Scanner from F-Secure marked those files as suspisious. :(

Offline Myshor

« Reply #16 on: 10 05 2016, 19:36:37 »
I have many notifications in avast (last time it's not that often) about plugins in Miranda. I just send info that it's wrong alert and don't say anything here. ;)

Fear my anger, fear my power.
I'm Dark Angel undercover.

Offline newsjunkie247

« Reply #17 on: 16 05 2016, 00:07:52 »
That file version you uploaded also seems to also address the status issue I was having and seems to show messenger/on the phone status again for me (on 64bit).

Post Merge: 16 05 2016, 01:56:27
Addendum: It is showing the phone status via Mobilestate and Fingerprint/Clientnotify, but not as part of the status itself. Is there any way to have that trigger the On the Phone Status as well as change the icon and/or be added to the status hange pop-up (if it thinks it's on the phone or via messenger)? This is all using the file version you uploaded. So one could have an option for it only to show "online" if the person is on the website
« Last Edit: 16 05 2016, 01:56:27 by newsjunkie247 »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #18 on: 16 05 2016, 12:42:22 »
newsjunkie247, I wanted to get rid of "on the phone" statuses, because it's not reliable. And with this modified version even the statuses itself aren't reliable. It's easy to add option for that, but I'm not sure it is benefical...
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #19 on: 16 05 2016, 13:48:38 »
"On the phone" was always a bogus "status", as many protocols treat it as a modification of some other status. I.e. "online+on the phone".

Offline AniFran

« Reply #20 on: 21 06 2016, 11:49:01 »
Just wondering if you been able to fix the online list problem yet or is that something on dumb FB side? That is the only bug i have (i think lol)

Offline Robyer

« Reply #21 on: 21 06 2016, 13:38:37 »
AniFran, I haven't time to look at anything lately, but what do you mean by online list problem?
In current implementation we can't see online users when we have disabled chat (when we are "invisible" in Miranda). Do you see online users when you are online?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline AniFran

« Reply #22 on: 21 06 2016, 18:16:57 »
I have mine set to online, but it will show users online even then they go off, so my list just gets bigger and bigger. I have to disconnect and reconnect for it to refresh with the real ppl still online.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #23 on: 21 06 2016, 19:57:15 »
AniFran, aha, ok, I'll check it.

Offline AniFran

« Reply #24 on: 30 06 2016, 21:30:37 »
Thanks, let me know when you want me to do testing for you.

Have a great week.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #25 on: 01 07 2016, 10:14:18 »
This should be already fixed (for 2 days or so), so you can check if it works better already.

I wanted to mention it earlier, but couldn't find this topic :)

Offline AniFran

« Reply #26 on: 01 07 2016, 19:31:01 »
It's all good, I lost the topic my self for a bit lol

Ok, let me keep an eye on it. Everything is upto date on the dev ch. I will let you know. Thanks

Offline AniFran

« Reply #27 on: 24 07 2016, 19:43:56 »
Yep, still does not update for me. Did a clean install of MNG and still when users go offline, still showing them online in the list and the list just keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm still having to disconnect from FB and reconnect and then it will show correct users online.  Yes, using Dev version. Seen it updates lots of time but still the bug is their and i don't get why.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #28 on: 31 07 2016, 12:43:22 »
Now I think it's the "away" people that makes it bigger. Perhaps Facebook shows only online and offline statuses, but in Miranda I use also "away", so that may be the reason. I can switch all "away" users to offline, or switch "away" users that are away for long enough to offline... But maybe I'm just interpreting data from Facebook wrongly.

Offline AniFran

« Reply #29 on: 13 08 2016, 03:02:04 »
It looks like that could be it. A time out with away would prob work good.