Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Localization

Serbian Translation - In Progress

<< < (3/6) > >>

vultures:
Ok, now I've got some sort of translation workflow; it allows for slight increase in productivity and also some on-the-fly error checking.
Altough I've got a fair understanding how to translate most of those bland/technical terms, the manner of this langpack is user_comfort-oriented with a few common expressions that draw root from basic english and widespread computer syntax.
I don't think the document is erroneous by any means, I triple-checked it before 7zipping and made sure the terminology is consistent, too.

This is the basic (Miranda NG - core) translation with the jpgen.js ommit update. 77847 bytes in length, header included.
It can be downloaded here for the next one-hundred days.

I wish to thank everyone supporting me on this topic, with particular gratitude towards:

* The Russian translation team (your verbose langpack was, and should remain of great assistance to this translation effort) ;
* Wishmaster, for showing me the ropes immediately after OP ;
* AnrDaemon, you made me remember what TortoiseSVN was, and why it had been there all along ;
* Robyer, for believing I couldn't find what I need, and finding what I believed I shouldn't need  ;D ;
* The original creator of Emacs, the everlasting assurance in the fact that you can pull off anything on your PC.
Since Miranda NG is packed with several "essential" plug-ins, the next update should feature, more or less (preferrably more), those translations in addition to this one. It's gonna be a looong ride; once I finish translating everything I'll try and give some notes for future reference on Miranda NG wikis, since I think they can benefit similar efforts in the future.

Robyer:
I'm glad you continue with your progress :)

About file for download - is it meant to be for common users to download from here and use it, or for us to commit your work to SVN?

If it is the second, then please upload your whole "serbian" folder in a format as I provided you. The point of using that structure is also because we use automatic build scripts which handle "compiling" the langpack to final langpack_*.txt file automatically, similar to what Refresh.bat is doing. :)

watcher:
vultures, I've tried to separate this whole langpack to pieces, with help of translate.js script. It's just a trial version of this, please check this out and let me know what you think of rhis - http://svn.miranda-ng.org/main/trunk/langpacks/serbian/

Robyer:
watcher, may I ask why you didn't use Refresh.bat script, but some different one? It seems it does basically the same, but just with different output (it's not keeping untranslated lines in =CORE= and Plugins/* - which is imho wrong). Also you can delete that langpack file now - it did import of that strings, but is has no future purpose anymore.

watcher:
Robyer, i don't like untranslated empty lines in ready part, i don't like reference links to files, it was not supposed to be like that, language file should be clean from both of those stuff and using translate.js to clean this stuff afterwords - it was not intended to work this way - ask Basil. I want to use ready and clean language files with no empty lines and to generate them with Mataese's tool which dies it 5-10 times faster than translate.js.  Let vultures decide which way he likes better - i will not interfere. I myself don't like your way of leaving empty lines and file references. I like to translate in Untranslated section and then move it to ready part, all clean and accurate - this is why it was created in a first place.
Post Merge: 20 03 2015, 08:45:49
--- Quote from: Robyer on 20 03 2015, 08:09:01 ---(it's not keeping untranslated lines in =CORE= and Plugins/* - which is imho wrong)
--- End quote ---

In my opinion your way is wrong. Let's say someone started working with your Refresh bat and then suddenly left it. You've got left with horrific half empty =Core= and plugins. I don't like this one bit. Maybe this is a good way for you to work, but it's not in any way the optimal one, but you've taught everyone to work like you, providing Refresher.bat. I try to avoid it where i can. Ukrainian  and Belorussian maintainers and darthraiden and Mataes agree with my way of doing things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version