Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360391 times)

Sinon

Re: Facebook plugin
« Reply #225 on: 07 07 2014, 12:29:03 »
OK, it seems, I'm too stupid to update. I thought the [main menu -> check for updates] would, well, check for updates. But it only offers to update facebook.dll, which causes a crash. No other updates for Miranda NG. So I downloaded the latest Miranda NG installer, but that one tells me it's not for updating and I should use the updater.  ???

The updater is set to "stable" in the options.

And concerning the symbols: I didn't want to switch to development (why is there no "stable + symbols"?), so I downloaded the symbols manually and obviously extracted them to the wrong folder, because that part is not clear in the wiki. So where do they have to go?

Offline watcher

« Reply #226 on: 07 07 2014, 14:39:00 »
OK, it seems, I'm too stupid to update. I thought the [main menu -> check for updates] would, well, check for updates. But it only offers to update facebook.dll, which causes a crash. No other updates for Miranda NG. So I downloaded the latest Miranda NG installer, but that one tells me it's not for updating and I should use the updater.  ???

The updater is set to "stable" in the options.

And concerning the symbols: I didn't want to switch to development (why is there no "stable + symbols"?), so I downloaded the symbols manually and obviously extracted them to the wrong folder, because that part is not clear in the wiki. So where do they have to go?

From your crashlog -  Miranda NG Version: 0.94.9 final build #8010 - it's a previous stable and all of the plugins are the same, but facebook is new. main menu -> check for updates should have updated whole miranda to 0.95.1 stable.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Sinon

« Reply #227 on: 07 07 2014, 14:48:06 »
So just to clarify, because it seems we are talking at cross-purposes:
You say I have to update basically just facebook.dll to be "0.95.1 stable", which is then supposed to fix the crash that's caused by doing exactly that?

Or to put it another way:
I say: I can't update because then it crashes.
You say: You have to update to get rid of the crashes.

You see the problem?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #228 on: 07 07 2014, 15:08:38 »
no, I don't. delete all plugins from 0.95 (I see two: crash dumper & facebook), perform the upgrade and add them back

Sinon

« Reply #229 on: 07 07 2014, 15:21:56 »
Ok, I have to apologize, I indeed WAS stupid. But now it worked.  :THUMBS UP:

Problem was: When starting the updater only FB was selected for download, so I thought that meant it was the only thing in need of an update. Didn't think about having to select the rest, too. I thought that was just the list of installed components :D

Offline watcher

« Reply #230 on: 07 07 2014, 17:18:54 »
Sinon, so update went well then and all is working now?
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Sinon

« Reply #231 on: 07 07 2014, 17:40:38 »
Yep, all's fine now. Thanks a lot.

Offline fikus

« Reply #232 on: 09 07 2014, 18:03:38 »
no history for group chat :(

Offline watcher

« Reply #233 on: 09 07 2014, 18:26:47 »
History for group chats is in txt files and should be turned on here:

Please read forum rules.

Offline aekotra

« Reply #234 on: 10 07 2014, 02:22:42 »
Miranda 0.95.2 alpha
Facebook.dll 0.2.7.0

I never receive any event notifications.  I have all types checked in Facebook->Events.  Manually 'Check Newsfeeds' gives me a 'Loading Newsfeeds...' event that doesn't change (never completes?).  I don't have an event plugin, I'm just using the stock popups.

I experienced this same behavior in the Miranda .94.* builds.

Post Merge: 10 07 2014, 05:56:19
Feature Request

Is there any way to have the "seen info" sent on chat window focus?  Currently, "seen info" is sent immediately.

Feature Request

Additionally, "seen info" is sent in invisible mode (essentially making me visible to the messenger!).  I think it should be sent on the next 'online' status (if the chat window has been focused).
« Last Edit: 10 07 2014, 06:30:25 by aekotra »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #235 on: 11 07 2014, 06:33:21 »
I never receive any event notifications.  I have all types checked in Facebook->Events.  Manually 'Check Newsfeeds' gives me a 'Loading Newsfeeds...' event that doesn't change (never completes?).  I don't have an event plugin, I'm just using the stock popups.
Well, maybe your Facebook version of website is different, because it works for me.

Feature Request
Is there any way to have the "seen info" sent on chat window focus?  Currently, "seen info" is sent immediately.
I'm waiting for ghazan to fix me hook that tells me when message is read in Miranda. But sadly he is not much into it right now...
It works, until you open message window - then it's marked automatically as you receive message. That's what must be fixed, so feel free to ask him.

Feature Request
Additionally, "seen info" is sent in invisible mode (essentially making me visible to the messenger!).  I think it should be sent on the next 'online' status (if the chat window has been focused).
That's actually correct. It behaves exactly like in web browser.
Problem with this special behavior you proposed brings problem of having unread messages on website again. Because I can't send "Seen info" itself, it's the "Mark message as read" info what causes "Seen info" to be visible for other user.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline fikus

« Reply #236 on: 16 07 2014, 17:11:15 »
@watcher: I dont have the same tab of you, on message session -> group chats I've only 2 tab (General and Chat Log)

Also today my Facebook plugin is super buggy, I no recived message and when I wrote something send 2 times, there is some change?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #237 on: 16 07 2014, 17:47:27 »
Also today my Facebook plugin is super buggy, I no recived message and when I wrote something send 2 times, there is some change?

Should be fixed in today's development version. If you're on stable, you must switch your whole Miranda to development (in Plugin Updater's settings), if you want this recent fix.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline watcher

« Reply #238 on: 16 07 2014, 17:58:42 »
@watcher: I dont have the same tab of you, on message session -> group chats I've only 2 tab (General and Chat Log)

Then you have some other dialog window module, serch for log option there.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Black Sniper

« Reply #239 on: 18 07 2014, 19:06:09 »
At least two weeks watching the situation. When bad internet, frequent breaks plugin impossible to start (change status) helps only restart Miranda.

Have a log when the "bad" happened and I tried to change the status and restart Miranda after the change of status.VersionInfo or profile
------------
Минимум недели две наблюдаю такую ситуацию. При плохом интернете, частые разрывы плагин невозможно стартовать (сменить статус) помогает только перезапуск миранды.

Есть лог когда "беда" случилась и я пытался сменить статус и после перезагрузки миранды с изменением статусов.
зы. Отредактируйте пожалуйста текст до более правильного прочтения.

Бью метко, но редко...