Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 370606 times)

Offline Ever

Re: Facebook plugin
« Reply #120 on: 17 05 2014, 00:10:11 »
How do I view the facebook newsfeed? Is there any additional (popup) plugin needed? Because all I see when I click on newsfeed is "loading newsfeed" and nothing happens.
Please advise.

I am using the latest stable version of miranda-ng and the facebook plug-in.

Thanks

Offline Robyer

« Reply #121 on: 17 05 2014, 01:01:01 »
Ever, you need only classic Popup Plus or YAPP plugin. Maybe that feature is broken, but it should automatically show popup when there is new item on the wall.. If there is nothing new, it shows nothing.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Ever

« Reply #122 on: 17 05 2014, 02:05:37 »
Nope, sorry to say the facebook newsfeed feature seems broken :(. I tried using both POP Plus and YAPP. But nothing! :-[
I hope this useful feature is enabled in future versions. :THUMBS UP:

Thanks

Offline Myshor

Odp: Facebook plugin
« Reply #123 on: 17 05 2014, 21:44:40 »
I used new profile and still I got some "number" contacts added from time to time.
After restart of Miranda they become some doubled contacts.

I'll try to find when this behavior happends.

I think I know the reason.
I'm not pretty sure but...

I just saw - when I choose user details then the contact is doubled.
I delete two doubled contacts and it comes back to the list as a number.

Geting full detail for some contacts is broken I think.
It can be some facebook setting it can be some broken code in plugin.

I think plugin should get full detail of contact, then see if it is on the list.
If contact exist do nothing,
else add contact.

I don't want to go back to stable version. I will fight with this contacts until we find some solution.

Fear my anger, fear my power.
I'm Dark Angel undercover.

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #124 on: 18 05 2014, 09:49:16 »
I don't want to go back to stable version. I will fight with this contacts until we find some solution.

That's good, because in fact you can't go back to stable :D

I did some changes to FB plugin, there is development version (tomorrow it will be in updater): https://www.dropbox.com/s/yl267xrdwlz0qfl/FacebookRM.7z
It shouldn't produce "number" and duplicit contacts anymore. Let me know :-)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Myshor

« Reply #125 on: 18 05 2014, 19:05:53 »
Updated... time to see how it works. ;)

Offline Myshor

« Reply #126 on: 19 05 2014, 20:44:12 »
Today 2 "number" contacts after 2 hours... :/

Offline Robyer

« Reply #127 on: 19 05 2014, 21:11:27 »
Myshor, try to fix your profile with dbchecker. You must have something wrong there.  ???

Offline Myshor

« Reply #128 on: 20 05 2014, 20:14:48 »
Yes... Wrong persons added to facebook.  :D

I dbchecked my profile. No warnings or errors. However I will tell you tommorow how this helped. ;)

Edit:
Next "number" contact on the list just when I wrote this post.  :o

Maybe the advanced settings doing something bad:
HTTPS options and local time activated.

Second edit:
After deleting doubled contacts (no relationship cancelled) and Miranda restart...
One and a half hour later... No bug.

I will see tomorow. Maybe I needed to refresh my list.  :)
« Last Edit: 20 05 2014, 21:05:39 by Myshor »

Offline neets

« Reply #129 on: 21 05 2014, 09:44:34 »
Hi,

I am using the facebook plugin. Each time I receive a message the following message is shown in an annoying pop-up:

"The content you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

Note that it pop-up without any interaction on my part (I don't "request" any content per se).

Anyone knows why this message keeps showing? Thanks!

Offline Robyer

« Reply #130 on: 21 05 2014, 11:35:24 »
Fixed here (and tomorrow in updater): <link removed>
« Last Edit: 23 05 2014, 20:12:13 by Robyer »

Offline Aztek

« Reply #131 on: 21 05 2014, 13:46:47 »
Here is something from me...
1)
FB Marysia , 2014-04-30 00:42:04:
User sent you a sticker:
https://fbcdn-dragon-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t39.1997-6/p100x100/10173498_272702312904034_659736090_n.png
Possibility to place stickers and images into [ img ] tags (like below) would be nice : D I'm looking forward to it.
FB Marysia , 2014-04-30 00:42:04:

2)
When I write msg to someone outside my list I get bonus contact on my list - with MY name and surname. It's not cool :C

3)
And bug to fix. After few moments my status automatically changes from Connected to Invisivble.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #132 on: 21 05 2014, 13:57:19 »
I just fixed getting newsfeeds.

1)Possibility to place stickers and images into [ img ] tags (like below) would be nice : D I'm looking forward to it.
I don't want to do this, because most of people don't use IEView. And when you use IEView you can write JavaScript to automatically convert that sticker link into image. Or am I missing something here?

2) When I write msg to someone outside my list I get bonus contact on my list - with MY name and surname. It's not cool :C
If you refresh this contact's details, will you get correct name and surname?

3)And bug to fix. After few moments my status automatically changes from Connected to Invisivble.
a) someone is switching that that status to invisible (= disabling your chat in another instance of browser, or miranda)
b) it's because your autoaway and setting in fb plugin to use "invisible" instead of "online" for unsupported statuses

Offline Doc Boy

« Reply #133 on: 21 05 2014, 17:55:05 »
Since yesterday I get this message with EVERY incoming facebook message. Restarting Miranda and the Computer did not work  :-[
The messages come through though. But I need to get rid of that stupid pop up window every time.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #134 on: 21 05 2014, 19:17:42 »
Doc Boy, right, because reading few last posts is so hard... :-X