Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360184 times)

Offline Exadith

Re: Facebook plugin
« Reply #60 on: 03 03 2014, 05:37:17 »
Is there posibility to add default group for a contact list to facebook?  for example "Facebook friendlist" - when i add new member to friends zone i need to manualy add this contact to group " facebook "

Offline Robyer

« Reply #61 on: 03 03 2014, 08:16:34 »
Exadith, it is in the options, isn't it?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Exadith

« Reply #62 on: 03 03 2014, 09:36:12 »
Exadith, it is in the options, isn't it?

Yeah, this is propably what i want but only for confirmation, this option "default group" is for group on our miranda groups or groups created on facebook site ?

sorry for sicky question ^^

Offline Robyer

« Reply #63 on: 03 03 2014, 11:54:30 »
It's for Miranda groups. There is no connection between Miranda and Facebook groups (and there won't be any connection in near future - maybe never).
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline kaomot

« Reply #64 on: 05 03 2014, 15:19:02 »
Thank you watcher and Robyer, the current version of the protocol addressed the problem of the messages being received by group chats.

Robyer, now I am receiving most of the messages, but still there are some that I do not receive, I think it has something to do with the contact being on-line or not, I am not sure yet. Unfortunately, I do not use Jabber, nor ICQ. Currently, I only use Skype.

Offline M51

« Reply #65 on: 06 03 2014, 13:52:32 »
Is there no way to make the facebook stickers appear in the chat window? I mean, it's just an ordinary image file, right?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #66 on: 06 03 2014, 16:16:03 »
M51, technically it is possible, but there is no plugin for doing so. Smileyadd partially supports such feature ("custom smileys") but it is poorly implemented and someone have to rewrite it in order to allow such features :-)

kaomot, well, you can contact me over Facebook (you'll found me there).. basically I need access to your account and way to reproduce your problem so I can analyze what's wrong.

Offline sKopheK

« Reply #67 on: 23 03 2014, 16:32:30 »
I still receive unread messages in group chat windows instead of regular 1on1 message window when I start Miranda :(

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #68 on: 23 03 2014, 17:41:58 »
sKopheK, with development builds of Miranda NG?

Offline zmaster

« Reply #69 on: 23 03 2014, 20:06:02 »
Yeah, it happend to me once or twice since i changed to development build, but nothing i can reproduce, and i think it happend after a crash in my connection.

Another odd thing that happens to me now. Every time i start miranda, my tray bar icon starts to blink with a "message icon" (it doesn't open automatically a window like with any other unread server message). When i click it, it opens an empty chat window (actually, i have to click it twice, as in 2 empy messages). In server i have all messages read with that account. Any idea what cain it be?

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #70 on: 23 03 2014, 22:13:25 »
Weird. For that empty chat window try to fix your profile with dbchecker.

Offline zmaster

« Reply #71 on: 24 03 2014, 05:02:14 »
That solved it, thanks.

Sinon

« Reply #72 on: 06 04 2014, 20:49:55 »
Hi,

is there a way to synchronize the chat history between FB and Miranda? Things I have sent via browser or phone don't show up in my Miranda history. Could that be fixed? Or do I just have to activate some option I overlooked?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #73 on: 06 04 2014, 22:01:47 »
Sinon, this is not possible (yet). But maybe I'll implement it in the future.

Sinon

« Reply #74 on: 06 04 2014, 22:24:22 »
Hm, OK. Thx. That feature would be quite useful, I think. The way it is now I always have to fall back to my browser/phone for conversations that started when I was away from my home computer. That conflicts with the idea of using the Miranda plugin.

*EDIT*

I, too, get my messages delivered as group chats when I start Miranda. I'm using the latest stable build. Any information I can provide to find the culprit?
« Last Edit: 07 04 2014, 19:55:21 by Sinon »