Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 370612 times)

Offline sKopheK

Re: Facebook protocol
« Reply #600 on: 06 12 2016, 11:25:53 »

Offline šegi

« Reply #601 on: 06 12 2016, 16:30:30 »
Hi Robyer,
changed something on facebook? Plugin working. Load the unread events, but doesn't load received messages: /
New messages after login, even no after open conversation. :(

Offline riki

« Reply #602 on: 06 12 2016, 16:38:40 »
Load the unread events, but doesn't load received messages: /
New messages after login, even no after open conversation. :(
It sometimes happens to me, but very rarely after the specific fix by Robyer  (THANKS AGAIN!  :) ). The last time it happened to me has been 10+ days ago. And before that, mabe 2-3 weeks back. In such case, I can still "load all messages" from the menu and then remove duplicate messages with the DB check utility.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #603 on: 06 12 2016, 17:54:05 »
Load the unread events, but doesn't load received messages: /
New messages after login, even no after open conversation.

You mean the history "sync" at login, and "load last messages on window open" doesn't work? Or something else?

It sometimes happens to me, but very rarely after the specific fix by Robyer  (THANKS AGAIN!   )
Hmm, it misses some messages during normal communication? And do you remember what was my fix (or when it was fixed)?

I can still "load all messages" from the menu and then remove duplicate messages with the DB check utility.
As it currently loads all messages, you can just delete whole history first, then you don't need to run DbChecker to get rid of duplicates :) Also links are usually with different hash so deleting whole history first is better, as such changes makes your messages unique and not removeed as duplicates.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline šegi

« Reply #604 on: 06 12 2016, 18:22:23 »
Yes, both. History sync at login and load last message on window open.
I don't tried send a message. But I'm going to make it.

Offline riki

« Reply #605 on: 06 12 2016, 18:49:06 »
Hmm, it misses some messages during normal communication? And do you remember what was my fix (or when it was fixed)?
No, it just missed some (first) messages when the conversation was initiated on the FB website (by the other party), I noticed the messages and switched over to Miranda, which I prefer to the website.

I went back to check, and it wasn't an actual fix, but the suggestion to delete a database key (LastMessageId) for that particular contact in Database Editor++. It was 28/8/2016 and onwards.

Quote from: Robyer
As it currently loads all messages, you can just delete whole history first, then you don't need to run DbChecker to get rid of duplicates :) Also links are usually with different hash so deleting whole history first is better, as such changes makes your messages unique and not removeed as duplicates.

Aha, great tip, thanks!  ;D

Offline šegi

« Reply #606 on: 07 12 2016, 09:40:18 »
Hi,
I revert last version of facebook plugin and there is working.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #607 on: 07 12 2016, 09:57:34 »
šegi, I expected something like this might happen. Unfortunately it needs much more work now and I don't know how soon I will have time for that again...
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline šegi

« Reply #608 on: 07 12 2016, 14:28:58 »
Yes I understand. If I can help you with something then wrote me.
You can find me on ICQ 166361639.

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #609 on: 07 12 2016, 14:58:54 »
Today I didn't receive offline messages while I did on facebook website  :-\

Offline šegi

« Reply #610 on: 07 12 2016, 21:08:09 »
HI SpinalBlood,
try restore older version of Facebook plugin from updaters backup folder. Did you know how and where?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #611 on: 07 12 2016, 22:43:19 »
Will be fixed tomorrow.

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #612 on: 09 12 2016, 02:01:01 »
Works, thank you!

HI SpinalBlood,
try restore older version of Facebook plugin from updaters backup folder. Did you know how and where?

I forgot the updater has a backup folder. Since now it's fixed I will use that in the future just in case, thanks  :)

Offline šegi

« Reply #613 on: 13 12 2016, 14:48:51 »
Thank Robyer. Newest version work properly :)

Offline riki

« Reply #614 on: 13 12 2016, 21:55:08 »
A feature request - probably not easy to implement or even sensible to ask, but here goes.

I use Facebook friend lists a lot, especially to manage permissions. However, it seems that Facebook makes it as hard as possible to manage the lists (on purpose, I suppose). I mean simple operations such as: move these people from this list "2015 Holiday friends"  to "Colleagues past and present". I would welcome a way to manage friend lists, even as simple as the Group Manager in Miranda.