Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 368526 times)

Offline Robyer

Re: Facebook protocol
« Reply #615 on: 14 12 2016, 09:46:24 »
A feature request - probably not easy to implement or even sensible to ask, but here goes.

I use Facebook friend lists a lot, especially to manage permissions. However, it seems that Facebook makes it as hard as possible to manage the lists (on purpose, I suppose). I mean simple operations such as: move these people from this list "2015 Holiday friends"  to "Colleagues past and present". I would welcome a way to manage friend lists, even as simple as the Group Manager in Miranda.

riki, I think this is something that does't really fit into Miranda's Facebook plugin, and doesn't make sense for me to have it there at all (not mentioning that it would be used probably only by you).

It sounds more like request for some single-purpose "Facebook friend lists manager" app. Theoretically I can do that too, but not now and not for free. So depends how important that is for you.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline riki

« Reply #616 on: 14 12 2016, 10:06:38 »
Yes - I thought that such a tool maybe doesn't really belong in Miranda...  :) Thanks anyway Robyer!

Offline sKopheK

« Reply #617 on: 28 12 2016, 07:49:39 »
Whilst it's possible to chat with Messenger users with no FB profile on facebook web and also in Miranda, I cannot see them in my contact list. Is it just me, or it's some other problem?

Offline šegi

« Reply #618 on: 28 12 2016, 12:18:04 »
Can you see and comunicate with this peoples on facebook on the web? Or only on Messenger on smartphone?

Offline Robyer

Odp: Facebook protocol
« Reply #619 on: 28 12 2016, 13:44:53 »
Messenger users with no FB profile

What does it mean? This is the first time I hear something like that.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline sKopheK

Re: Odp: Facebook protocol
« Reply #620 on: 28 12 2016, 14:05:04 »
What does it mean? This is the first time I hear something like that.
From what I know, my friend cancelled her FB profile and uses only Messenger app where he can chat with regular FB users.
On this topic, uncle Google advised this article: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/69737/20150717/anyone-world-now-use-facebook-messenger-without-having-account.htm

Offline sKopheK

« Reply #621 on: 28 12 2016, 14:06:14 »
on facebook web
Yes, I believe I said that in my original question.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #622 on: 28 12 2016, 14:13:11 »
sKopheK, oh... so you CAN chat with them from within Miranda but just don't see them online? Then make sure you enable "At login load also contacts you recently chat with" checkbox in options.

Offline sKopheK

« Reply #623 on: 28 12 2016, 14:50:00 »
At login load also contacts you recently chat with
Checking this and reloging/restarting did not help.
When I get a message from person with no FB account via Messenger, I can see it as unread, then open it and chat with the person in a standard window. I can even rename the person to see her/his custom name, but cannot find it in my Contact list.
The only way how to open chat window for the actual person is via a group chat where she/he was involved and double click her/his name in a chat participants list (on mouseover, I can see Status: User and not Status: Friend tho, but since I can chat with other ppl on FB without having them in friends and still see them in the Contact list, I don't assume this is the issue).

Offline Robyer

« Reply #624 on: 28 12 2016, 16:08:03 »
Probably you have him as "temporary contact", so it is hidden in clist. See Options / Contacts / Ignore

The following users thanked this post: sKopheK

Offline šegi

« Reply #625 on: 28 12 2016, 17:41:11 »
I'm not sure if it is this case, but in Messenger on smartphone you can use Messenger like whatsapp or viber. Without FB account. Pairing Messenger with yours phone number.
But, I don't try it.
If you know about it, then ignore my comment

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #626 on: 10 01 2017, 23:25:34 »
Since the latest .dll update I cannot receive offline messages. Should have happened yesterday but I did login before updating the dll so I only noticed today

Offline Robyer

« Reply #627 on: 11 01 2017, 07:38:26 »
sKopheK, so did you solved that? Try clean profile with enabled that option and check if it loads the contact correctly.

SpinalBlood, I changed nothing in Facebook plugin lately. From what version did you updated? And are you sure it worked before restart and stopped working right after update? It will be rather FB website change.

Offline BadSeed

« Reply #628 on: 12 01 2017, 09:38:47 »
SpinalBlood, I changed nothing in Facebook plugin lately.
But I think they did. The icon on the website is now different, it looks like Facebook Messenger. And I'm having the same problem as SpinalBlood. See those 4 messages in the screenshot? I connect through Miranda as usual but now I don't receive them.

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #629 on: 13 01 2017, 00:59:23 »
SpinalBlood, I changed nothing in Facebook plugin lately. From what version did you updated? And are you sure it worked before restart and stopped working right after update? It will be rather FB website change.

I updated from " ¤ Facebook.dll v.0.3.0.3 [4 Jan 2017 8:36:06] - Facebook RM ". I did this at 9/1 but maybe the update was ready since some hours

Well I did restart immediately, but since I went online before the update, I got the offline messages, so that restarting after the update there wouldn't be any message regardless, even if it was broken, and I kept online until night, discovering the bug the day after (10/1). I even did some more tests and didn't work. Rollback at 0.3.0.3 is working for me, for now (although the facebook interface in the website seems different at the moment...)