Author Topic: Tox plugin  (Read 11457 times)

Offline skitungen

• [ with no memory comes little responsibility ]
Tox plugin
« on: 01 04 2014, 08:03:23 »
Just curious how far away the tox plugin might be to a release?
[ damned be thee who forgets to nothing remember ]

Offline Robyer

Re: Tox plugin
« Reply #1 on: 01 04 2014, 09:22:16 »
Sadly it looks still far away, as I'm looking at svn log: http://trac.miranda-ng.org/log/branches/tox
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Vulpix

Tox plugin
« Reply #2 on: 08 08 2014, 10:05:25 »
A good time to necro this thread!

http://trac.miranda-ng.org/browser/trunk/protocols/Tox seems Tox is happening in miranda!

Ahhh I can't wait for a build or something :D

I pretty much quit skype yesterday. I'm keeping the database file to search in it using sqlite expert, and that's about it.

Tox's inclusion in Miranda would be very timely and much appreciated! In fact I'd even donate for something like that to be done faster~ Is that possible?
« Last Edit: 08 08 2014, 10:09:16 by Vulpix »

Offline skitungen

• [ with no memory comes little responsibility ]
« Reply #3 on: 08 08 2014, 11:52:21 »
Ahhh I can't wait for a build or something :D

I pretty much quit skype yesterday. I'm keeping the database file to search in it using sqlite expert, and that's about it.

Same for me. Only now have ICQ and IRC. With the implement of tox I'll quit ICQ as well as my contacts there are also waiting for it.
[ damned be thee who forgets to nothing remember ]

Offline VEG

« Reply #4 on: 09 08 2014, 11:59:45 »
I hope that Tox Core will be released less than a year. Before it using of Tox is senseless because in alpha stage protocol may be changed many times without backward compatibility.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #5 on: 10 08 2014, 08:05:57 »
Well as long as it is implemented and saves history in miranda's DB, I don't _really_ care if it needs to be reworked many times.

All I'm looking for is a chat protocol that people can easily go to from Skype.

I have completely stopped using skype when it got cut off. But what really is there now? I have most friends on steam and AIM (heh, yep) - and really, none of the steam protocols are ready for use.

Messages get duplicated or triplicated with weird behavior where each duplicate or triplicate has sequentially less letters starting from the first letter; or when you look at chat history, they appear as chinese or japanese characters - you cannot see/read anything. Especially links.

No idea what's going on in there, hehe.

Tox. Tox plz. I'll contribute financially if that helps, even a little bit.

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #6 on: 10 08 2014, 09:01:01 »
Messages get duplicated or triplicated with weird behavior where each duplicate or triplicate has sequentially less letters starting from the first letter; or when you look at chat history, they appear as chinese or japanese characters - you cannot see/read anything. Especially links.
You need to report it in Steam protocol thread. That would be more helpful then a donation.

Offline watcher

« Reply #7 on: 10 08 2014, 09:02:57 »
You need to report it in Steam protocol thread. That would be more helpful then a donation.

+1
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #8 on: 10 08 2014, 13:46:35 »

+1

http://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=1222.msg5836#msg5836 Done~

I worked somewhat-ish closely with Borkra back when Miranda NG was not a thing yet; mostly working with MSN / Skype. Only bug reports and logs, not actual coding.

I'll gladly help and supply any logs you need because I've been using Miranda forever and I'm not giving it up.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #9 on: 17 08 2014, 10:26:06 »
So many updates in the dev feed for tox! I'm so excited ;~; Can't wait for it to be an actual protocol plugin!

@ all the devs - thank youuuuu!

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
« Reply #10 on: 17 08 2014, 11:19:50 »
it's mostly done by unsane - our one-man army. (also Dropbox, Steam protocol etc...)

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #11 on: 17 08 2014, 13:21:30 »
Then big thangs to unsane! One-man army indeed, hehe. I see his name in the dev changelog very often, yup :3

I really am looking forward to the release of the first version of the tox plugin. I'm pretty much currently only using his protocols :D steam (and also formerly skypekit) and hopefully soon tox.

Offline watcher

« Reply #12 on: 17 08 2014, 18:34:11 »
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #13 on: 21 08 2014, 09:21:54 »
« Last Edit: 21 08 2014, 10:53:25 by Vulpix »

Offline watcher

« Reply #14 on: 21 08 2014, 10:32:53 »
Vulpix,  make new topic, cause only first post can be sticky. But i think it should be in Development. And contact unsane please to be in sync with ToDo list.
Please read forum rules.