Author Topic: Facebook contact problem - duplicated contact, group assigning, renaming  (Read 3512 times)

Offline zany

In the last days I have a problem with Facebook contacts: a lot of contacts is duplicated, contacts assigned to some of groups in contact list or renamed are again out of groups and with original name after next login.

Offline ghazan

zany,
Is this situation repeatable? for example, if you open dbeditor++ in the service mode (run Miranda32.exe /svc:dbeditorpp from the command line) and remove all duplicated contacts (they have bigger contact ids), will they appear again after login? Can you make a network log in this case? (Facebook + core)

Offline zany

Yes it repeats, I deleted for one contact all but one record in db, left only this with lowest ID 230, which is already aasigned to group. But now user has two records in db, the original ID 230 miranda show as offline and new contact with ID 7166 was created in default group for new FB contacts. I think it happened in the moment, when real FB stutus of this user changed to online and Miranda wrongly recognized it as new contact?
How could I make network log for you?
« Last Edit: 31 03 2021, 17:29:31 by zany »

Offline dartraiden

Offline zany

here it is

Offline ghazan

zany,
there are a lot of Contact deleted in this log, but no Contact added
so how these duplicates are created?

Offline Sonny

I have this problem too as I wrote in topic I created. Here:

I had a facebook contact who is named John Doe on facebook but in Miranda I had it renamed to simply John. Now after the recent update Miranda created a new fully working contact named John Doe with empty history and my original contact John with chat history gives me error on sending message even though the message actually gets sent. How do I somehow 'merge' John Doe and John to one contact again and keep the history ??
« Last Edit: 03 04 2021, 18:51:52 by Sonny »

Offline zany

zany,
there are a lot of Contact deleted in this log, but no Contact added
so how these duplicates are created?
I don't know, maybe Miranda create new contact wen someone change to online status. But there were no new FB friend, this new contacts created was dupliactes to already existing contacts

Offline zany

now again, yesterday renamed some contacts, sorted all to groups and after today's login contact are again duplicated and all in default facebook group. And in log 93 records "New contact created"

The following users thanked this post: ghazan

Offline ghazan

zany,
looks promising, is that possible that you send me full unedited log to email, zipped?
(ghazan at miranda point im)

Offline zany

OK, check your mailbox

Offline zany

zany,
looks promising, is that possible that you send me full unedited log to email, zipped?
(ghazan at miranda point im)
sent, but returned as undelivered due to "4.0.0 szn; DNS timeout expired."

Offline ghazan

zany,
okay, attach it to a private message to me here then

Offline ghazan

Fixed, nightly build will be available tomorrow

Offline zany

There are still duplicated contacts in database, how could I clean it?