Author Topic: Miranda crashing every time something is pasted into a message window  (Read 4311 times)

Offline ghazan

ellick,
Thanks again for your help, ghazan.
you are always welcome

My old miranda 32bit install and the latest developers release of scriver 64bit looks like the picture on the left.   The stable 64bit options are on the right.
Mmm... but these options don't belong neither to Scriver nor to tabSRMM, they are gotten from StdMsg (former SRMM+Chat)

Offline ellick

ellick, you are always welcome Mmm... but these options don't belong neither to Scriver nor to tabSRMM, they are gotten from StdMsg (former SRMM+Chat)

This is odd then. Scriver and history++ are the only plugins I added from the base 64bit install.   Those options shown change depending on which version of the scriver plugin I use.

I just tried disabling the scriver plugin completely and you're right, i get the options showing in the left picture and again the crashing starts if I paste text to a message window.    When I re-enable the scriver plugin, the problem stops. 

Offline ghazan

This is odd then. Scriver and history++ are the only plugins I added from the base 64bit install. 
That's ok, but if you uncheck Scriver in Options - Plugins, the default SRMM plugin will be loaded instead of Scriver, because Miranda always needs a message editor, even if no "third-party" plugins are chosen.

Offline ellick

That's ok, but if you uncheck Scriver in Options - Plugins, the default SRMM plugin will be loaded instead of Scriver, because Miranda always needs a message editor, even if no "third-party" plugins are chosen.

Wouldn't that mean that it's the default SRMM editor that's somehow causing my crashing problem?   When I did a clean install of the 64bit portable, TabSRMM was already checked in the plugins list.  I didn't see any crashes when pasting text.   While trying to customize the interface back to how I had it before, I thought I was using scriver since that plugin was in my old install folder.   I must have been using the default SRMM.

As it is now, if I disable both TabSRMM and Scriver in the plugins, It starts to crash again when pasting any text into message windows.  If I use either TabSRMM or Scriver, it's fine.

Offline ghazan

Wouldn't that mean that it's the default SRMM editor that's somehow causing my crashing problem?
Yes, perhaps. I'll try to reproduce the problem
PS: no, as for me pasting into StdMsg works ok
« Last Edit: 08 12 2020, 18:29:15 by ghazan »

Offline ellick

Yes, perhaps. I'll try to reproduce the problem
PS: no, as for me pasting into StdMsg works ok

I have no idea what it could be then.   Since this is a new install with a new profile it must be some setting or combination of settings causing a problem.   With scriver or tabSRMM it works fine so I guess i'll just have to use those.