Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 455396 times)

Offline CleriC

Re: WhatsApp protocol
« Reply #570 on: 01 07 2015, 08:49:09 »
CleriC: Try to check "Automatically open group chats" (Accounts settings). At least, this way you’ll be able to open those groups with new messages. The problem is when you want to send a message to a group that hasn’t had activity (since starting session). I can’t open any group chat until someone else writes something.

"Automatically open group chats" switch on (the checkbox is checked).
The same problem. Can't write to the group. Have to wait until somebody will write. The plugin developers know about this problem?
«События происходят, Дела делаются, Но нет индивидуального деятеля».
«Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer thereof».

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #571 on: 01 07 2015, 09:20:14 »
The plugin developers know about this problem?
That’s supposedly the purpose of this thread. What annoys me is that there isn’t a lot of complains about it, looks like it’s not a general issue. Perhaps not everybody uses group chats? But it’s a basic functionality of WhatsApp. Why the "feature-not-implemented" error in netlog?

MPK

« Reply #572 on: 01 07 2015, 09:57:24 »
That’s supposedly the purpose of this thread. What annoys me is that there isn’t a lot of complains about it, looks like it’s not a general issue. Perhaps not everybody uses group chats? But it’s a basic functionality of WhatsApp. Why the "feature-not-implemented" error in netlog?

if it helps :)
I also cant open group chats.

Offline hasselh

« Reply #573 on: 02 07 2015, 13:57:08 »
same problem here. It only works with "Automatically open group chats" option enabled in WA Network tab and responding to a window that has popped up this way. But opening chats that have bee idle since last Miranda start doesn't work for me either.--

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #574 on: 03 07 2015, 09:28:02 »
It’s a bit silly, because sometimes I have to ask a friend to "say something at the group", and then I’m able to write to that group. ;D

Offline Kajuru

« Reply #575 on: 03 07 2015, 15:40:32 »
I also have that issue with group chats not opening. Not only that, but i cant see the member names on list 99% of the time, its just empty.

BTW i noticed another issue(not new): if you add a contact all goes well, but if someone asks for your auth, it will not have a phone number attached, meaning it will never receive your messages(afaik). To make things worse, if a second person asks for your auth, it will overwrite the first(numberless) one. Meaning you basically have a placeholder that gets overwritten at every request you receive.

Offline Kajuru

« Reply #576 on: 16 07 2015, 23:16:21 »
Maybe its just me, but plugin isnt working since a few minutes ago, with Exception: Login failure
If i request new password, i get error Server response: {"status":"fail","reason":"old_version"}

Offline Ducados

« Reply #577 on: 17 07 2015, 00:18:50 »
Maybe its just me, but plugin isnt working since a few minutes ago, with Exception: Login failure
If i request new password, i get error Server response: {"status":"fail","reason":"old_version"}

Same issue here. They'll fix it tomorrow hopefully.

Offline Monty

« Reply #578 on: 17 07 2015, 01:15:32 »
Same here.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #579 on: 17 07 2015, 09:26:35 »
They'll fix it tomorrow hopefully.
:( I’m not so optimistic. Since WhatsAPI was shutdown last May, it’s not clear (to me) who is catching up with changes made by WhatsApp on their protocol. Now, each developer wanting to interface with WhatsApp has to do his own reverse engineering, and that’s a work that not everybody wants or knows how to do.
« Last Edit: 17 07 2015, 12:44:42 by Chungalin »

Offline monocolumn

« Reply #580 on: 17 07 2015, 16:22:47 »
his own reverse engineering
why ? 1 can do it, make it public and so all can use it. :)

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #581 on: 17 07 2015, 16:59:53 »
Ah, yes, but that "1" better preserves his/her anonymity or he/she will become next friend of WhatsApp lawyers, like what happened to Venomous.

Offline Monty

« Reply #582 on: 17 07 2015, 17:40:56 »
what happened to Venomous.
That's really bad. Thank you for this insights.

Offline viper

« Reply #583 on: 19 07 2015, 01:28:27 »
Ouch that doesn't look good.

But what does that mean?
That we probably won't see a working version of this plugin anymore ?

Offline lsteffen

« Reply #584 on: 19 07 2015, 16:37:56 »
I think there are still some working APIS (in php or python) like https://github.com/WHAnonymous/Chat-API   or    https://github.com/tgalal/yowsup

So there is maybe no need for reengineering everything?