Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 437714 times)

Offline NazZaR

Re: WhatsApp protocol
« Reply #510 on: 12 05 2015, 10:30:52 »
Here is how it does look.
I send a message from the phone to my miranda, that uses another phone number, and it just hangs for some time with only one check mark, just like the contact isn't online. Then, after some random amount of time, it pops in the chat window.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #511 on: 12 05 2015, 12:16:42 »
I’m experiencing weird issues too. Sometimes messages fail to be delivered, useless to retry. Sometimes it goes offline without reason. I need to close Miranda and reopen and then I get previous messages. Rather undeterministic, difficult to help.

Offline Der Jude

« Reply #512 on: 12 05 2015, 18:17:24 »
Currently in a group chat i see people numbers instead of nicknames, and on join it did list all users like that
The topic is '*nickhere*' (set by *phonenumber*)
The topic is '*nick2here*' (set by *phonenumber2*)
etc. but still it shows all group users as phone numbers.
How to fix it?

MPK

« Reply #513 on: 12 05 2015, 18:23:16 »
Currently in a group chat i see people numbers instead of nicknames, and on join it did list all users like that
The topic is '*nickhere*' (set by *phonenumber*)
The topic is '*nick2here*' (set by *phonenumber2*)
etc. but still it shows all group users as phone numbers.
How to fix it?

You have to add every phone number to your miranda contact list. To do so, double click on the number in the groupmember list. This will open a chatwindow for this contact and there you will find an option to add to contactlist. Afterwards the chooses username will be displayed in chat.

Sadly currently miranda does not support displaying the nicknames send by a user.

Offline Der Jude

« Reply #514 on: 12 05 2015, 18:31:18 »
@MPK it seems i cannot even add people now, whenever i add them to the list they dont appear on the contact list, however if i do open pm chat window, from the group chat window, it will show them under my chosen nickname for contact, acting like they are added.
Still do show as phone number at group chat however.

Offline Der Jude

« Reply #515 on: 12 05 2015, 18:32:28 »
Also why is it like that, it used to show group chat nicknames correctly in 2014.

MPK

« Reply #516 on: 12 05 2015, 19:08:46 »
@Der Jude: You probably have offline contacts hidden from your contact list. And as Whatsapp contact are offline (except for groups) they are hidden. I suggest to make a special Whatsapp group in your cList and turn off hiding offline contacts there.
There where huge changes in whatsapp since that time. So its not jet implemented.

@watcher: How about showing whatsapp contact as invisible instead of offline? Then you could show them together with others in a group.

Offline Der Jude

« Reply #517 on: 12 05 2015, 19:12:26 »
@MPK no i don't hide offline contacts and i even tried search for nickname, its totally NOT IN THE LIST, and old whatsapp contacts that i added in 2014 are on the list.
Who broke the plugin code and why  :(

Offline watcher

« Reply #518 on: 12 05 2015, 19:19:36 »
Der Jude, options, contacts, ignore - check if you can see the contacts there.

Post Merge: 12 05 2015, 19:22:19
My guess would be - they in the "Root group" of contact list and this option got turned on:

Spoiler
[close]
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Der Jude

« Reply #519 on: 12 05 2015, 19:25:55 »
@watcher no that's not the case, i checked in database editors that the new contacts seem to have Group key with empty value in CList, while old ones don't. I think this is the case, however is it safe to delete that key from database manually?

Offline watcher

« Reply #520 on: 12 05 2015, 19:27:27 »
@watcher: How about showing whatsapp contact as invisible instead of offline? Then you could show them together with others in a group.

There is no way to do that.

Also why is it like that, it used to show group chat nicknames correctly in 2014.

Forget about the old plugin - it stopped working, then most of the code was rewritten by ghazan.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #521 on: 12 05 2015, 19:29:13 »
@watcher no that's not the case, i checked in database editors that the new contacts seem to have Group key with empty value in CList, while old ones don't. I think this is the case, however is it safe to delete that key from database manually?

Make a backup of your profile and give it a try.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Der Jude

« Reply #522 on: 12 05 2015, 19:32:27 »
@watcher it worked, the contact instantly showed up on the list after deleting the key

Offline Der Jude

« Reply #523 on: 12 05 2015, 19:44:10 »
Also it is not possible anymore to keep a history/message log of the group?

MPK

« Reply #524 on: 12 05 2015, 19:51:52 »
Also it is not possible anymore to keep a history/message log of the group?
It is. Just it is now saved into a logfile. See settings->message session->group chat->log format.

There were thought of getting it back to db, but it will be a long way.