Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 437419 times)

MPK

Re: WhatsApp
« Reply #300 on: 08 02 2015, 08:02:25 »
Done:

Spoiler
[close]
The chat is not opened anymore. But still I get popups telling me "The topic is 'xxx' (set by xxx ()" for each of my groupchats when signing in.

This message is also added to the logs every time i open the chat. Always with an old timestamp (the date it was changed).
« Last Edit: 08 02 2015, 08:04:39 by MPK »

Offline watcher

« Reply #301 on: 08 02 2015, 09:11:19 »
But still I get popups telling me "The topic is 'xxx' (set by xxx ()" for each of my groupchats when signing in.

This message is also added to the logs every time i open the chat. Always with an old timestamp (the date it was changed).

This is what server sends every time. There is a small bug with default settings of TabSRMM default notifications, here is workaraund - check, apply, then uncheck and apply again this setting:

Spoiler
[close]

You won't be notified about topic change by popup (as it should work by default).
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

MPK

« Reply #302 on: 08 02 2015, 09:46:17 »
This is what server sends every time. There is a small bug with default settings of TabSRMM default notifications, here is workaraund - check, apply, then uncheck and apply again this setting:

Spoiler
[close]

You won't be notified about topic change by popup (as it should work by default).

Looks like a workaround for the moment. With the filters I can also prevent it from showing or logging. But that will also suppress real changes. Could you maybe save the timestamp from the last change and then ignore further changes at that timestamp?

Post Merge: 08 02 2015, 09:54:26
I found the option "start private conversation on double click in nick list (insert nich if unchecked)" in group chats -> settings. But it does not seem to work for Whatsapp. Is it a problem with whatsapp or another plugin? Nick insertion works.
« Last Edit: 08 02 2015, 09:54:26 by MPK »

Offline watcher

« Reply #303 on: 08 02 2015, 10:34:04 »
. Is it a problem with whatsapp or another plugin? Nick insertion works.

Whatsapp - the phone app - itself won't let you send private message to a group member before you add him/her to your list. So no - it won't work. Contacts that you have on your contact list - you should writhe them from double clicking on them on the list, contact that you don't have should be added in order to be accessible for private messaging.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

MPK

« Reply #304 on: 08 02 2015, 10:44:28 »
Whatsapp - the phone app - itself won't let you send private message to a group member until you add him/her to your list.

are you sure? When I open the member list in the android app and long click on a contact than i can message him directly without having him as a contact (will show number instead of name and buttons "add" and "ignore" at the top.

But yea, it would be a cool function but not really important.

Offline watcher

« Reply #305 on: 08 02 2015, 10:48:01 »
MPK, well - on iPhone it won't let me (well - that figures  ;D ), i'll ask ghazan if it can be implemented then.
Please read forum rules.

MPK

« Reply #306 on: 08 02 2015, 12:16:19 »
one more thing i realized.
although I have set a nickname, it is not showen to others who dont have me in their contact list when i write in a group.

EDIT!!!!
Just reentered the nickname. And it works now. Probably saved too long ago or when it was working incorrectly.
« Last Edit: 08 02 2015, 12:26:17 by MPK »

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #307 on: 08 02 2015, 12:56:22 »
Sad news - it might be impossible to implement avatars for group chats.

Strange. If I’m able to manually set an avatar for the group contact entry AND group avatar could be retrieved in previous versions of the plugin, why it’s not possible to do both things now?

I notice that my nickname is shown with the same color than the other nicks, while at Customize - Fonts and Colors - Message Sessions - Group chats - Your nickname has a distinct color. Also, my messages are >> (incoming) instead of << (outgoing).

On the other hand, one thing that could be improved is the behaviour when I copy-paste a link from one group/chat to another whatsapp contact or group. When I do this, others keep receiving a link instead of the normal thumbnail, etc. There has to be some kind of extra metadata that I cannot replicate in order to appear as a "normal" whatsapp user.

Offline watcher

« Reply #308 on: 08 02 2015, 13:19:46 »
Looks like a workaround for the moment. With the filters I can also prevent it from showing or logging. But that will also suppress real changes. Could you maybe save the timestamp from the last change and then ignore further changes at that timestamp?

Done.
Please read forum rules.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #309 on: 08 02 2015, 13:33:25 »
Strange. If I’m able to manually set an avatar for the group contact entry AND group avatar could be retrieved in previous versions of the plugin, why it’s not possible to do both things now?
because chat window is not a SRMM window: it doesn't display avatars, but supports nick list.
perhaps in future chat window will disappear, but definitely not now

Offline watcher

« Reply #310 on: 08 02 2015, 13:35:33 »
are you sure? When I open the member list in the android app and long click on a contact than i can message him directly without having him as a contact (will show number instead of name and buttons "add" and "ignore" at the top.

Done.

Post Merge: 08 02 2015, 13:43:18
I notice that my nickname is shown with the same color than the other nicks, while at Customize - Fonts and Colors - Message Sessions - Group chats - Your nickname has a distinct color.

OK for me:

Spoiler
[close]

Post Merge: 08 02 2015, 13:43:29
On the other hand, one thing that could be improved is the behaviour when I copy-paste a link from one group/chat to another whatsapp contact or group. When I do this, others keep receiving a link instead of the normal thumbnail, etc. There has to be some kind of extra metadata that I cannot replicate in order to appear as a "normal" whatsapp user.

We do not receive nor send media contest, text only, therefore nothing can be done.
Please read forum rules.

MPK

« Reply #311 on: 08 02 2015, 14:01:49 »
Done.
:THUMBS UP: :THUMBS UP: :THUMBS UP: :THUMBS UP: :THUMBS UP: :THUMBS UP: :THUMBS UP: :THUMBS UP:

Now i just need to wait untill it compiles again.

Post Merge: 08 02 2015, 14:06:33
When i create a whatsapp group, i appear twice in the user list.
« Last Edit: 08 02 2015, 14:06:33 by MPK »

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #312 on: 08 02 2015, 15:42:26 »
because chat window is not a SRMM window: it doesn't display avatars, but supports nick list. perhaps in future chat window will disappear, but definitely not now

I don’t mean avatars INSIDE the chat nick list. I mean the avatar associated to the group contact entry:

In previous versions of the plugin, these avatars were retrieved from WhatsApp like all other user avatars, but now they appear empty. Is it just me?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #313 on: 08 02 2015, 19:17:05 »
In previous version of plugin groups were usual contacts that have avatars.
I'll try to do smth

Offline ghazan

« Reply #314 on: 08 02 2015, 21:19:58 »
ok, so:
- group's avatars work ok;
- no duplicate nicks on chat creation;
- bunch of smaller fixes