Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 437797 times)

Offline kxp

Re: WhatsApp
« Reply #240 on: 31 01 2015, 20:10:05 »
Today some one tried to send me some audio files (MP3s) but with no luck. I mean I just seen nothing (no links or anything).
After that he tried to sent a picture (jpg image) and everything went perfectly (I got a direct link). So wtf:)? At first I thought that no matter what's said here but file transfer just doesn't work but the picture was sent instantly.
And the other question: could I somehow get the files out of Whatsapp without the person sending them again?
« Last Edit: 31 01 2015, 20:26:46 by kxp »

Offline ghazan

« Reply #241 on: 31 01 2015, 20:40:42 »
I didn't create anything, especially contact with my own number
yes, I know. the problem is that when you get logged in, server sends you a presence that you're online now
stupid plugin adds a temporary contact for everybody who'd sent you a presence, thus creating a temporary contact of you
fixed in rev. 11966

Today some one tried to send me some audio files (MP3s) but with no luck.
perhaps I forgotten to pay attention to them... thanks, I'll try to look at this type of files.
PS: also fixed.

But before global changes in that plugin, it was possible to see from all contacts wheere they was online at the last time.
Fixed.

Offline kxp

« Reply #242 on: 31 01 2015, 21:30:29 »
perhaps I forgotten to pay attention to them... thanks, I'll try to look at this type of files.
PS: also fixed.
Ok thx. But getting the files (without resending them) out of whatsapp isn't possible right?

Offline watcher

« Reply #243 on: 31 01 2015, 21:32:28 »
What about the issue that all contacts are always shown offline?

Apparently WhatsApp server shows them offline - as workaround i can suggest putting all the WhatsApp contacts to dedicated group and then enabling showing offline contacts in that group regardless of what global settings are:

Spoiler
[close]
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #244 on: 31 01 2015, 21:33:09 »
Ok thx. But getting the files (without resending them) out of whatsapp isn't possible right?

On the phone maybe - from WhatsApp history.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #245 on: 31 01 2015, 21:36:57 »
What about the issue that all contacts are always shown offline?
that's how that protocol works. Your client is getting presence packets when your contacts change their statuses.
otherwise they are displayed offline , and unfortunately it's not possible to detect if they are running on a phone...

Offline ghazan

« Reply #246 on: 31 01 2015, 21:38:06 »
what do you mean? Miranda catches offline messages as well as a phone, so you will see all messages that were sent to you

Offline Monty

« Reply #247 on: 31 01 2015, 23:00:42 »
Apparently WhatsApp server shows them offline - as workaround i can suggest putting all the WhatsApp contacts to dedicated group and then enabling showing offline contacts in that group regardless of what global settings are.
Great idea – thanks.

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #248 on: 01 02 2015, 09:17:42 »
Has anyone connection dll for it?

Offline watcher

« Reply #249 on: 01 02 2015, 10:52:19 »
Has anyone connection dll for it?

There never was one.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Dimsok

Odp: WhatsApp
« Reply #250 on: 01 02 2015, 13:27:04 »
Created simple animated dll

Offline Thug

« Reply #251 on: 01 02 2015, 13:44:28 »
Created simple animated dll
What is it?

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #252 on: 01 02 2015, 13:51:39 »
If you don't know - you don't need it

Offline kxp

« Reply #253 on: 01 02 2015, 14:39:58 »
Hm be4 i started using Miranda I didn't know that I need it :) so maybe tell us what's this and we will enjoy it.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #254 on: 01 02 2015, 16:29:57 »
as workaround i can suggest putting all the WhatsApp contacts to dedicated group and then enabling showing offline contacts in that group regardless
I have it this way too. I soon got tired of contacts dancing in and out the list, so I unchecked Contact list > General > Hide offline users. I prefer a static list and organize it in groups that can be expanded or collapsed. I have major groups by protocol (facebook and WhatsApp in my case), and then subgroups based on proximity or relationship. I didn’t like metacontact handling.

By the way, as of 0.1.2.6 I see WhatsApp contacts going online/offline in realtime. Great progress this week, thanks for your work!!

Regarding WhatsApp groups, do you plan to keep handling them like before (like a single user chat, with preceding [nickname]) or will you adapt them to Miranda group chat handling?