Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 438604 times)

Offline phatmr

Re: WhatsApp protocol
« Reply #885 on: 30 06 2016, 20:58:05 »
OK

after 6 Months of a not working Whatsapp-Plugin i give up my Hope.
No Devs for it. No Responce about Progress.
I will delete the Plugin cause its dead for Miranda.

Big Thx to all People who worked on it in the Past.

The following users thanked this post: Monty

Offline Monty

« Reply #886 on: 30 06 2016, 23:05:51 »
after 6 Months of a not working Whatsapp-Plugin i give up my Hope.

I already gave up my hope.

Maybe there's no place for multi protocol IMs like Miranda any more. The Miranda fork wasn't a good idea too. Times are changing.

Good bye Miranda!

Offline monocolumn

« Reply #887 on: 01 07 2016, 11:00:27 »
pidgin plugin also down from today.
with miranda i can connect:
http://abload.de/img/whatsappjbuqk.jpg

no matter end of the year whatsapp will kill all non crypted clients and then its absolute over.
so the only thing would be a web whatsapp for miranda.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #888 on: 01 07 2016, 12:29:08 »
Monty, one closed source protocol doesn't work and you bury whole Miranda?  ???
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Kajuru

« Reply #889 on: 05 07 2016, 12:29:09 »
We do need more devs and people contributing, but i disagree that the fork was a mistake.
Miranda-NG improvements over Miranda-IM are enormous. IM had nothing but smaller fixes(installer, etc) the last few years. NG changed alot with proper 64 builds, dynamic loading of plugins, and protocols. In fact I came back to Miranda thanks to NG.

Offline phatmr

« Reply #890 on: 06 07 2016, 18:06:38 »
Hi,

(for me) it would be intresting what ghazan say to the not working Whatsapp-Plugin?
Afaik he was the last Dev who supported it.

@monocolumn
U can connect with actual Dev-Plugin?
Maybe im banned. I will check it via WART or sonthing like that.

Offline lokapal

« Reply #891 on: 10 07 2016, 15:58:47 »
Monty, one closed source protocol doesn't work and you bury whole Miranda?
Well, telegram desktop is open-source and even has published working desktop code with Visual Studio? So what? Where is telegram plugin?
No devs - it means only no devs...

The following users thanked this post: Monty

Offline Robyer

Re:WhatsApp protocol
« Reply #892 on: 11 07 2016, 08:39:50 »
telegram desktop is open-source and even has published working desktop code with Visual Studio?
Telegram Desktop uses Qt, Miranda uses pure C++, but that's not the problem as they have open API https://core.telegram.org/api#telegram-api

So what? Where is telegram plugin?
But what are you trying to say? That if some protocol has open API or implementation, that it should automatically appear in Miranda?
Do you understand developing any new protocol (or any plugin) for Miranda is not just copy & paste code and that it actually takes fair amount of time to understand, implement, test and support it?

And you don't need only dev(s). You need dev(s) interested in this particular plugin/protocol to spent his time on it.

As I can see on https://www.openhub.net/p/mirandang we have 23 active contributors, from which around 8 are (more or less active) developers. So Miranda NG is not dead or dying at all. Our devs are just focused on other plugins/protocols than WhatsApp or Telegram.

If we want more or faster bugfixes/features/protocols supported, then we need more devs. And everyone is welcome to join and start :)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline phatmr

« Reply #893 on: 11 07 2016, 23:21:49 »
OK back to Topic,

Whatsapp-Plugin is not working since 6 Months.

We know:
- actual no Dev support it.in MirandaNG
- the Cause: missing axolotl-Implementation in Miranda to recieve crypted Msgs from official Clients
- End this Year Facebook will kill all Whatsapp-Clients which dont send Msgs encrypted too

When there is no Progress in that you should not provide it as a working Plugin on your Mainsite.

But I'm still intressted what ghazan said about  it ;)

Offline monocolumn

« Reply #894 on: 16 07 2016, 11:36:25 »
btw. pidgin still working fine!

i know that this is crazy and it'll never happen but creating a virtual android machine as small as possible (hdd and ram usage) with the only goal to run the official whatsapp client and then a miranda plugin remote controls this virtual whatsapp client.

Offline lokapal

« Reply #895 on: 28 07 2016, 20:44:27 »
Well, there IS working NATIVE desktop Watsapp Client for Windows  :D
No need in Android VM at all.
Link for 32bit:
https://web.whatsapp.com/desktop/windows/release/ia32/WhatsAppSetup.exe
Link for 64bit:
https://web.whatsapp.com/desktop/windows/release/x64/WhatsAppSetup.exe

Offline Monty

« Reply #896 on: 28 07 2016, 23:26:43 »
Oh really? A working desktop WhatsApp client for Windows – that works without a smartphone?  :D

Hahahaha, nice try!

Offline Thug

« Reply #897 on: 29 07 2016, 12:30:27 »
No need in Android VM at all.
It's just a stationary analog of a web version to avoid using a browser, not a standalone client. Smartphone/emulator is still requiered. Therefore absolutely useless for us :-\
« Last Edit: 29 07 2016, 12:32:50 by Thug »

Offline leecher

« Reply #898 on: 30 07 2016, 07:47:39 »
But I'm still intressted what ghazan said about  it ;)

His account got banned and it seems that if you just try to send one wrong message to WhatsApp server, they may kill the account. As you can only register by phone this means that there would be an excessive amount of phone numbers needed to be used in development that all can get banned... So I guess we would need a developer who works for a phone company and can get as many phone numbers as he wants to dispose on coding error. But even registering them all with WhatsApp is a tedious task.
For a short time, I thought about trying to do a new WhatsApp implementation for Miranda, but after having heard that, I don't thin that it's even worth trying.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #899 on: 30 07 2016, 21:27:10 »
For a short time, I thought about trying to do a new WhatsApp implementation for Miranda, but after having heard that, I don't thin that it's even worth trying.
It would make sense to have the web based WhatsApp plugin - one that needs being logged in on phone at the same time, but then it's safe to use.