Author Topic: New Install issues Windows 10 64 bit  (Read 3250 times)

Offline dkcrotty

New Install issues Windows 10 64 bit
« on: 07 01 2016, 00:19:06 »
Hi

I just downloaded the latest version of Miranda Ng and running on Windows 10 64 bit.

I did the 7zip file.  When that did not work, I used the installer download multiple times.

It installs but I just cant get it to connect to Yahoo IM.  Of course I am doing something wrong, still, its just not working for me.  As I recall, it asks for account name, user Id, and password.  I have the userId and password.  I think the account name is just the name that I am calling this account like  JoesYahooAccount.

It seems that your developers are Russian.  Cool, but you really need to get a YouTube video out for installation and use in English.  That is the language which most readers will be able to get or understand.  Most Miranda stuff (and there is very little) is years old, very outdated. 

I would like to see
    a good install video
    one for skins
    then others for various plugins like sms, encryption, your favorites, etc

For now, its back to Pidgin since I get it to work pretty easily.

Thanks. 
Looking forward to getting this to work.

Offline Robyer

Re: New Install issues Windows 10 64 bit
« Reply #1 on: 07 01 2016, 04:55:06 »
I did the 7zip file.  When that did not work, I used the installer download multiple times.
What did not work with 7zip file?

To diagnose the problem might help providing a NetLog. I don't use Yahoo so I can't help you more.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Goraf

Re: New Install issues Windows 10 64 bit
« Reply #2 on: 07 01 2016, 21:38:07 »
You have problem in setting an account or you could make it right but there is some problems with the protocol/plugin itself. It has nothing in common with the installation process in my opinon.

Most Miranda stuff (and there is very little) is years old, very outdated.
Years? It has like 3 years only. And if you are talking/see some outdated parts then point them out so the others could fix that.
I didn't saw any install video provided by the developers of the Pidgin  ;)