Author Topic: ICQ isn't able to log in  (Read 6676 times)

Offline ladyzaba

ICQ isn't able to log in
« on: 17 03 2015, 14:54:39 »
From approximately the beginning of March ICQ protocol is always offline in my Miranda NG. There's no error message shown so I have no idea what happens. If I try to connect, Miranda shortly tries and stays offline.
I use automatic update (with the "development version" checked) so I hope I have the most recent version of both Miranda and plugin.
I tried to check the database, it seems all is OK.
Any ideas what to do? I'm not aware of anything special I had done before this problem first occured.

Offline Robyer

Re:ICQ isn't able to log in
« Reply #1 on: 18 03 2015, 10:49:47 »
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline vultures

• Reticulating Splines
    • The Causeway
Re: ICQ isn't able to log in
« Reply #2 on: 19 03 2015, 00:11:10 »
I don't wanna brag, but it seems to me as if they're changing something back at the ICQ "labs".
They've deleted my old account (which I used a few times since 2001 or so) but none the less, they shouldn't of done that. After setting up a new one, I went to try the On-site feature which seems to cope with beta issues. I even issued an error report, even though it was obvious that they're still playing with it (the error on my end was the perpetual "retrieving contacts" notification -- what contacts, with a brand new ID?).

Not much insight after all, altough I don't think it's gonna go "the MSN way".  :D
X3_R: I give you my ship, I wish to stay living

Offline ladyzaba

Offline watcher

« Reply #4 on: 19 03 2015, 16:25:51 »
Code: [Select]
[16:17:07 2318] [ICQ] Connecting to login.icq.com:40599
Change port to 5190:

Spoiler
[close]

Just press on "Default" button next to the port.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline ladyzaba

« Reply #5 on: 19 03 2015, 21:23:27 »
Code: [Select]
[16:17:07 2318] [ICQ] Connecting to login.icq.com:40599
Change port to 5190:

Spoiler
[close]

Just press on "Default" button next to the port.

Wow! It works! Thank you very much :THUMBS UP:!