Author Topic: Tox protocol  (Read 122371 times)

Offline Vulpix

Re: Tox
« Reply #45 on: 30 08 2014, 13:23:37 »
Now you can start testing it :)

So I did!

Test: Sending a 4.4MB text file.

Miranda to Miranda:

Sender:
Sees: "Unable to initiate file transfer" until the recipient accepts

Recipient:
Sees regular file transfer request. Upon choosing location, the file is partially stored. (Usually sub-20KBytes of the file) Both receive "Filetransfer was successful" message.

Received file:
- Sub-20KBytes of the source file
- One byte (00) is appended to the beginning of the file.
- File is closed() - can be deleted etc.

Miranda to uTox:

Sender:
Sees: "Unable to initiate file transfer" until the recipient accepts

Recipient:
Sees regular file transfer request. Upon choosing location, the file is partially stored. (Usually sub-20KBytes of the file) Both receive "Filetransfer was successful" message.

Received file:
- Sub-20KBytes of the source file
- Up to the point where the file is cut off, there are no differences between the received and the source file.

uTox to Miranda:

Sender:
Sees regular file send request.

Recipient:
Sees regular file transfer request. Upon choosing location, the file is stored completely. Progressbar is properly displayed throughout the entire transfer.

Received file:

- Complete
- An empty byte (00) is appended to the beginning of the file. Rest of the file is unchanged (md5 is valid after removing the first byte of the received file)

Fixed! The above case now works properly!

BONUS:

uTox to Miranda, pausing and resuming transfer mid-transfer:

Sender:
Everything is normal here

Recipient:
- Complete
- An empty byte (00) is appended to the beginning of the file. Rest of the file is unchanged (md5 is valid after removing the first byte of the received file)
- File cannot be deleted ("remains opened in miranda NG") when you attempt to remove it.

uTox to Miranda, cancelling mid-transfer:

Sender:

Recipient:
Doesn't receive the notification that the transfer was cancelled - leaves filetransfer open. Can be cancelled manually and the file can then be deleted.

Sending 2GB+ files (from 64bit utox to 64bit miranda):

Sender:

Recipient:
Sees regular file transfer request. Upon choosing location, the file is partially stored. (Usually sub-2KBytes of the file) Both receive "Filetransfer was successful" message.

Sending multiple files at once from uTox to Miranda:

Sender:
Queues up multiple files just fine

Recipient:
Receives a filetransfer popup for each file queued up.

Files:
Saved successfully, each with an empty byte appended to the beginning of it.

« Last Edit: 07 09 2014, 07:57:00 by Vulpix »

Offline watcher

« Reply #46 on: 07 09 2014, 06:31:19 »
Binaries updated to r10383. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #47 on: 07 09 2014, 08:07:00 »
Test cases with results updated in my previous post.

TL;DR - asides from sending a 2+GB file, everything else works, for uTox=> miranda transfer! :)

Issue:
When logging in, other clients sometimes see me as "away", even though my status is definitely online in miranda. I am yet to find a clear reproduction scenario.

To "fix" that, what I need to do is change my status to "away" and then back to "online"; this will show me as online with the other clients. I tried it with the second client being offline too, to make sure this is actually something that's internally exposed to them; and indeed. Shutting down the "party B" client, changing from online to away and then back to online and then starting the "party b" client again correctly shows me as online; i.e. "internally", in miranda, the tox protocol tells others I'm "away" whilst showing me as "online" in miranda. Weird!

Post Merge: 08 09 2014, 07:48:05
Tox protocol ignores proxy settings in "Network" section of Miranda, i.e. it always connects directly. (Even with IPv6 / UDP disabled.)
« Last Edit: 08 09 2014, 07:57:04 by Vulpix »

Offline watcher

« Reply #48 on: 09 09 2014, 20:21:10 »
Binaries updated to r10412-10414.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #49 on: 09 09 2014, 21:34:25 »
Hello Watcher/Unsane,

I can see that this is a big change in the storing of database data for Tox (in miranda); however, this also means I would lose all of the histories with my tox contacts.

I tried exporting/importing user history into a new contact, but it doesn't work as intended.

I have downgraded back to my previous version of Tox and restored miranda from backup.

Please implement a way to use the new version without losing all user data. I already have significant history stored under these contacts.

Thanks!

Offline watcher

« Reply #50 on: 10 09 2014, 06:28:11 »
Unsane wrote the converter - testing now.

Post Merge: 10 09 2014, 06:52:25
Not working for now, we will try and fix it at evening.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #51 on: 10 09 2014, 07:16:14 »
Thank you!

I'm sorry if I'm adding more work, but I already have ~10 tox contacts, some with a lot of history (miranda x64).

Thank you very much for the effort with the converter! I'll wait until it is ready.

Offline watcher

« Reply #52 on: 10 09 2014, 20:46:27 »
Binaries updated to r10423. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.

Post Merge: 10 09 2014, 20:46:54
Vulpix,  converter should work, you can try it.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #53 on: 10 09 2014, 21:24:17 »
Thanks!

It's working :) No duplicate contacts and histories stayed the same.

Thanks~!

Offline watcher

« Reply #54 on: 11 09 2014, 06:24:03 »
Binaries updated to r10426. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #55 on: 11 09 2014, 15:13:31 »
Updated, everything seems good now. Thanks for the extra work with the converter~ I'm sure those who use it in miranda will appreciate it :)

Pending issues:

File sending is not enabled
Tox ignores "network" settings, i.e. you cannot set up a proxy for it

Offline santa

« Reply #56 on: 11 09 2014, 16:14:43 »
Miranda crashed on MenuItemEx while building menu, then I click on Tox contact in contact list or click on menu button in chat window.
Miranda is a latest nightly build from Plugin Updater, tox plugin is a latest from first topic message.
Tox profile was created with ToxID and attached to uTox tox_save profile.

Crash report attached to tracker issue #787.

Offline watcher

« Reply #57 on: 11 09 2014, 16:25:43 »
santa, confirmed. here is the crash log from me also:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Please read forum rules.

Offline santa

« Reply #58 on: 11 09 2014, 16:34:57 »
Yet another issue is that in chat window (TabSRMM) contact ID shown in place of protocol name and contact name is empty.
May be it is related to the same.
« Last Edit: 11 09 2014, 16:37:08 by santa »

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #59 on: 11 09 2014, 16:46:56 »
Yet another issue is that in chat window (TabSRMM) contact ID shown in place of protocol name and contact name is empty.
May be it is related to the same.
Yes, there was a change in the way the contact tox ID is stored. As for Menuitemex it will help to disable "Copy ID" item in options.