Author Topic: Tox protocol  (Read 165748 times)

Offline watcher

Re: Tox
« Reply #15 on: 20 08 2014, 20:01:05 »
Binaries updated to r10245. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #16 on: 20 08 2014, 21:25:47 »
  • - Unicode status message issue - fixed (status message refresh by the setter must be performed first but that sounds natural)!  :THUMBS UP:
  • - Own Tox ID is now listed - and can be easily copied.  :THUMBS UP:

Great job!

Offline watcher

« Reply #17 on: 21 08 2014, 06:33:59 »
Binaries updated to r10249. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #18 on: 21 08 2014, 08:53:04 »
Latest binaries break buddy-adding. Previous binaries work just fine.

Issue:
Entering Tox ID (or toxme.se) returns "No results" in the add-buddy dialogue window.

Being added still works, so it's just the "search" that's broken.

Tested with both toxme and regular tox id on the latest binary (and obviously only tox id on the previous binary since it didn't have toxme).
« Last Edit: 21 08 2014, 09:00:14 by Vulpix »

Offline unsane

« Reply #19 on: 21 08 2014, 10:57:19 »
I broke searching by tox id specially.
It's not good if you can "find" invalid tox id.
Searching via toxme.se worked a few hours earlier (
Si no estas con nosotros, estas contra nosotros.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #20 on: 21 08 2014, 11:03:44 »
I see about the tox IDs. I assume it will be turned on when you have a mechanism to make sure you are searching by correct tox ID~

Retesting toxme.se:

Searching by toxme id works - however, only if you omit the @toxme.se component.

I.e. searching for user abcd@toxme.se returns nothing. Searching for user abcd returns user abcd@toxme.se (i.e. his tox ID, which you can then add)

If this is working "as intended", then it may need to be clarified in the search box - instead of "e-mail", it should say something different so that the user who is searching omits the @toxme.se part.
« Last Edit: 21 08 2014, 11:08:41 by Vulpix »

Offline watcher

« Reply #21 on: 22 08 2014, 06:36:20 »
Binaries updated to r10268. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #22 on: 22 08 2014, 07:17:40 »
  • Searching via Toxme.se now works':THUMBS UP:
  • Changing own nickname now works! Plus, nickname now persists through miranda restarts! :THUMBS UP:
The other option to "add to friend list" is currently being worked on so it actually lets you add anything (even a completely random string, not just a tox ID). I assume this will be modified in a later fix.

As a sidenote, I can see that changing my status (i.e. online, away, DND) works - but for some reason, when you check the status of the protocol in Miranda, the "online" option is always highlighted, regardless of your choice - so it looks like you are Online (even though you have switched to Away, for example). Other clients see the protocol change, so it is just the local view that does not reflect the change.

Current state of tox updated @ sticky.

Post Merge: 22 08 2014, 08:13:10
Whilst looking for a reproduction scenario for a different bug, I found another one.

If you "spam"-send messages from miranda (not to miranda, that doesn't break anything), miranda crashes. Windows-ish freeze. No crash dump even with crashdumper installed and enabled.

To reproduce, simply open a tox chat and for example very quickly send "1" (1 enter 1 enter 1 enter). The window will freeze and miranda will stop responding. On the other party's message window, you can see that miranda has disconnected.
« Last Edit: 22 08 2014, 08:13:10 by Vulpix »

Offline watcher

« Reply #23 on: 22 08 2014, 12:44:46 »
Binaries updated to r10288. Protocol icons added. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #24 on: 22 08 2014, 13:12:36 »
Protocol icons work and show properly for contacts in the contact list as well.  :THUMBS UP: Feature listed in the state of tox protocol sticky in "quality of life" section.

Issue with the local protocol status being "stuck" in "online" (even though the actual status can be changed) still prevails.

Offline watcher

« Reply #25 on: 22 08 2014, 13:26:03 »
Issue with the local protocol status being "stuck" in "online" (even though the actual status can be changed) still prevails.

Yes - this is pretty annoying.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #26 on: 22 08 2014, 13:34:22 »
I think that "spam" problem is because toxlibrary isn't thread safe (as I understand from their TODO list, they're working on it). So unsane could fix it in plugin (use thread locks and send one message at once) and/or wait for tox devs to fix it too.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline watcher

« Reply #27 on: 22 08 2014, 20:58:22 »
Binaries updated to r10308. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #28 on: 23 08 2014, 06:04:53 »
Changing status now reflects on the local protocol icon in miranda  :THUMBS UP:
Thread-safety workaround seems to be working, I was unable to make miranda crash where I was previously able to make it happen 100% Nope, still broken :< guess we'll have to wait for a fix in toxcore.

Searching/adding buddies is still broken:

trunk/protocols/Tox/src/tox_proto.cpp
Line 168: regex = "^\\s*([A-Za-z]+)(@toxme.se)?\\s*$";

This causes toxme usernames that have other characters in them to be unsearchable. For example, tox username abcd-efgh@toxme.se cannot be found. abcdefgh@toxme.se works, however.

Adding by tox ID causes weird behavior where no matter which tox id you add, it will (after adding) always say "this tox ID is already in your contact list", regardless of whether that's actually true or not.
Being added by tox ID doesn't actually send out add request so the adding is still not functioning.

Looking up a toxme user with regular username abcdef works - but adding doesn't do anything (I assume the add-by-id broke this as well?) Contact request is never sent.
Being added "from the other party" does work and authentication is properly accepted.
« Last Edit: 04 09 2014, 10:22:47 by Vulpix »

Offline watcher

« Reply #29 on: 23 08 2014, 20:25:46 »
Binaries updated to r10315. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Please read forum rules.