Author Topic: where metacontact save history?  (Read 6796 times)

Offline mida

where metacontact save history?
« on: 20 07 2014, 16:47:24 »
how works metacontact on background with history, status messages etc?
what i mean, i make a metacontact with example a contact that i have in icq, facebook and whatsapp, where would future history saved?

on example, if i use metacontact and get messages from whatsapp account and send over it, where would this messages saved?
into her whatsapp account or the new metacontact have it own history?
« Last Edit: 20 07 2014, 16:52:01 by mida »
sorry for my bad english

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
Re: where metacontact save history?
« Reply #1 on: 20 07 2014, 18:39:47 »
normally MetaContacts should store it in every Subcontact (the one who received the message or with whom the message was sent over) + in his MetaContact... but after all these MetaContacts related changes, I'm not sure how it is now.. Hope it's still that way :P (or somehow only store on Subs, but show from all... so only 1 copy exists..)

Offline Robyer

« Reply #2 on: 20 07 2014, 19:36:54 »
History is stored only once - to subcontacts. This way, when you split contact from metacontact you'll still have correct history for all contacts.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline mida

« Reply #3 on: 20 07 2014, 19:48:23 »
ok, thats nice. i like this feature
how looks with a extra icon in contactlist to see what is a metacontact?
« Last Edit: 20 07 2014, 19:53:39 by mida »
sorry for my bad english

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
« Reply #4 on: 20 07 2014, 21:36:49 »
Clist_modern:
Options->Contact list->Additional stuff->Use 'Meta' protocol icons for metacontacts

Or if you've meant "real" extra icons, the best you can get is:
Contact list->Extra icons->Account (shows meta icon for meta, other protocol icon for others..)
« Last Edit: 20 07 2014, 21:39:53 by White-Tiger »

Offline mida

« Reply #5 on: 21 07 2014, 04:38:26 »
thank you, i tested both and like the first more  :)
sorry for my bad english

Offline Robyer

« Reply #6 on: 21 07 2014, 05:58:50 »
Also there are new options for communication window (at least TabSRMM), in Options / Message sessions / Advanced tweaks / "Display metacontact icons".
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #7 on: 13 08 2014, 08:01:37 »
I have a question about this.

What if I have a metacontact composed of Skype (and some other protocol).

Now assume I move away from Skype and disable the plugin (after all, you will be removing it from repository soon, right?). What happens then? I was not really able to add new metacontacts with skype protocols and/or any other "dead" protocols (like msn).

So my question is... how to create and maintain a metacontact whereby one of the subcontacts is from a "dead" protocol? Because it sort of feels like you can't; which somewhat defeats the purpose.

If there is a way to sort of... merge all of the chat history of a contact from a different protocol into the current one (other than metacontacts), I wouldn't mind doing that too.

Any input? :o

Offline Robyer

« Reply #8 on: 13 08 2014, 09:49:42 »
As I understand it - MetaContact is just wrapper around 2 or more contacts. If delete some subcontact, history is obviously lost. I just tried disabling account of one sub and you can still read history through main metacontact. IMO it's not good to have here these ghosts, but it looks it works.

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
« Reply #9 on: 13 08 2014, 10:26:18 »
well... the original metacontact allowed this.. it kept it's own history... but guess currently the best way might be to disable the account..

Offline watcher

« Reply #10 on: 13 08 2014, 10:34:14 »
well... the original metacontact allowed this.. it kept it's own history...

Thus wasn't meata-contact at all, it was a real contact with merged history.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #11 on: 13 08 2014, 10:44:48 »
If delete some subcontact, history is obviously lost.
evidently you're wrong. when metacontacts are enabled, all subs' history is gathered inside metacontact, though the original contactid gets stored inside each event (that allows the core to split metahistory correctly when a sub gets untied from a meta). but a sub has no its own history at all, thus all its history remains untouched when you delete a sub as a contact. its history remains forever inside a meta, and would be deleted only with it