Author Topic: MSN Plugin e-mail count and notifications are not working anymore  (Read 17374 times)

Offline mmmitch

Hi,

MSN Email notification (and counts) are not longer working in latest devt builds (stopped working approx 1 week ago - I was waiting in case it was a transient problem but now it looks like the functionality has been permanently broken).

Are others also having the same issue? (Note: I still see the counts for GMail)

Thanks

Mmmitch

Offline skitungen

• [ with no memory comes little responsibility ]
I've noticed this too.. for it happened when I changed password for my msn account (right after the heartbleed bug was revealed). Don't know if it's due to that, or something else. But I don't get any notifications what so ever for msn mail.

I'm using latest stable release FYI.
[ damned be thee who forgets to nothing remember ]

Offline skitungen

• [ with no memory comes little responsibility ]
Does it have something to do with the addressed used? Should we change it? Or has M$ simply done something stupid again?

Kind of want it back, so I can know when I've received a mail.
[ damned be thee who forgets to nothing remember ]

Offline mmmitch

It definitely is NOT linked to an individual MSN account (I have 3 accounts and the problem exists for all 3x).

So it is either due to a MSN change (in which case the plugin needs fixing) or a Miranda IM change has broken the functionality (in which case core Miranda or the plugin needs fixing).

Can ANYONE still see the unread email count for a MSN account?

Offline xaos

No notification of new emails here at the moment either ..

Offline Whiplash

Yeah. I'm also having some POP3 problems for the YAMN plugin. It doesn't inform me anymore for the hotmail mails.  :(

EDIT: Oh, I just noticed Miranda deleted all my settings for YAMN. I guess by the updates.
« Last Edit: 05 05 2014, 11:00:17 by Whiplash »

Offline mmmitch

Also not working for my old version of Miranda IM (which I keep to check for regressions in Miranda NG).... so looks like MSN behaviour has changed. .....

Who from a developer point of view is now responsible for MSN plugin.... I dont see any developers replying to this plugin thread which suggests (at least to me) that maybe this plugin is not being actively maintained or developed anymore?

Offline Robyer

Who from a developer point of view is now responsible for MSN plugin.... I dont see any developers replying to this plugin thread which suggests (at least to me) that maybe this plugin is not being actively maintained or developed anymore?

You're right. We don't have specific developer for MSN protocol.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline mmmitch

Not pluggin issue: http://messengergeek.wordpress.com/2014/04/15/e-mail-message-count-and-notifications-broken/

Thanks for the info - bad news if email notification is really gone for good....  :(

Post Merge: 16 05 2014, 20:14:55

Hi Robyer, thanks for taking the time to confirm

Offline watcher

But it's not like in Miranda IM - cause here every coder may fix MSN or add new feature (if he wishes to spend time on it of course).
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline xaos

that reply doesn't help at all .. is someone looking into it ? .. is there a solution pending ? .. seriously .. half the reason for using miranda/ng is for the multiple notification supports of EVERY supported type. if something is broken .. FIX IT .. or tell us if it's no longer supported so we can at least go looking for something else.

Offline watcher

that reply doesn't help at all .. is someone looking into it

looking into what?

.. is there a solution pending ?

solution to what? don't tell me that you expect miranda plugin to fix what microsoft has broken globally. seriously if the service is crippled what solution do you want from the client?

. FIX IT ..

Not pluggin issue: http://messengergeek.wordpress.com/2014/04/15/e-mail-message-count-and-notifications-broken/

LEARN TO READ http://messengergeek.wordpress.com/2014/04/15/e-mail-message-count-and-notifications-broken/

Post Merge: 17 05 2014, 08:04:33
.. or tell us if it's no longer supported so we can at least go looking for something else.

good luck.
« Last Edit: 17 05 2014, 08:15:17 by watcher »
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline ghazan

that reply doesn't help at all .. is someone looking into it ? .. is there a solution pending ?
noone among the devs uses MSN, so you have to provide a network log for the email notification receiving

Offline xaos

well that was different  .. paying more attention while i'm skimming posts might be a good thing. thanks for the direct answers, things make sense now.