Author Topic: MSN Plugin e-mail count and notifications are not working anymore  (Read 17371 times)

Offline xaos

noone among the devs uses MSN, so you have to provide a network log for the email notification receiving

I'm quoting this because it occurs to me how STUPID this is .. WHETHER OR NOT A DEV USES it .. it's "SUPPORTED" .. if the function doesn't work anymore, at least remove it from the various options and leave a note .. otherwise GET A FRICKING TEST ACCOUNT .. freeware developers can be worse than pay for with those lame ass excuses.

to everyone actually willing to TRY to be helpful rather than make those kind of excuses or the kind of sarcasm that preceded my post before this .. thank-you.

Offline watcher

xaos,  i still don't like your tone very much - we are the small group of people that on pure enthusiasm  are trying to keep Miranda alive (with 180 plugins - it's not a small program) - the mission that 50 people used to do is now rely on 4-5. Priorities had to be made and there is a roadmap (feel free to read). And removing MSN mail notification checkboxes are not even at the bottom of that list (feel free to open a ticket). All you can do is politely ask and wait if someone have will and time to do what you ask - you can't demand anything or feel offended because your wishes didn't come true instantly. It's a lot of work and not so many people - bear this in mind before you try to teach us manners once again.

Free software:
1 - coders voluntarily use their time to develop and fix program.
2 - admins and supporters voluntarily use their time to keep website and forum alive and answer some questions regarding the program.
3 - users help with providing bug reports that devs need to fix something (netlog in this example).

You are currently doing none of that, instead you are teaching us how to behave. Thank you very much.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
actually... I'm using MSN :P But without an M$ email... so no notifications for me ;)
I use it to chat, and that's working fine.

Offline watcher

actually... I'm using MSN :P

I don't see the reason not to use it. Normal IM protocol.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline ghazan

I'm quoting this because it occurs to me how STUPID this is ..
yes, it is :) and it merely isn't sarcasm.
the usual practice is to provide developers with network logs, if you've met a problem. otherwise we're at risk of spending hours trying to reproduce your problem

Offline skitungen

• [ with no memory comes little responsibility ]
yes, it is :) and it merely isn't sarcasm.
the usual practice is to provide developers with network logs, if you've met a problem. otherwise we're at risk of spending hours trying to reproduce your problem

Well, considering this one is on M$, it's hard to file a network log that would be of any use! ;-)

Just one curious question.. isn't both MSN and skype-plugin on the last breath since M$ is shutting it down this year, or did that change somehow?
[ damned be thee who forgets to nothing remember ]

Offline watcher

ghazan, if the user doesn't want to help us to help him - why bother?
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

skitungen, I think MSN will not be killed AFAIK, but M$ can not be trusted with it.
Please read forum rules.

Offline skitungen

• [ with no memory comes little responsibility ]
skitungen, I think MSN will not be killed AFAIK, but M$ can not be trusted with it.

Thanks for the reply! But I guess it will go dead for me.. most of the time my msg don't reach their targets, and they're using the official skype client. I'll try to make a network log of it and see if it picks something uåp.
[ damned be thee who forgets to nothing remember ]

Offline Aokromes

Idk what microsoft changed, but now i am unable to send messages ussing msn protocol with miranda-ng or miranda-im, instead trillian works.
I have seen miranda-ng trying to use BAYMSGR2012304.beta.gateway.edge.messenger.live.com and that adress is not longer valid.

Offline ghazan

Aokromes, verify server settings in Options - Network - <msn_account>, if you need, clean all servers names up, they will be replaced by default values

Offline Aokromes

I already did that, they are messenger.hotmail.com and gateway.messenger.hotmail.com
Miranda-ng uses BAYMSGR2011601.gateway.messenger.live.com resolved to 65.54.167.160  (i supose contacts lists) and BAYMSGR2012304.beta.gateway.edge.messenger.live.com no longer resolving.

Offline watcher

Aokromes, can you provide network log please? Cause we can't reproduce it.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Aokromes

Yes, can i use pm to send you log? because i don't like to make my private things public :)

Offline watcher

Aokromes, of course you can send it using PM :)
Please read forum rules.