Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360328 times)

Offline Whiplash

Re: Facebook plugin
« Reply #195 on: 22 06 2014, 17:29:07 »
O.K., I switched to development version and I'm confirming that the "Invisible=Online" status problem is still existing. I guess, Robyer, this time you 'll have hard job to get the "true invisible" status back. :(

Offline Robyer

« Reply #196 on: 22 06 2014, 17:32:01 »
Whiplash, yep, I expected it won't work forever... sadly. I'll just fix that setting status now.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline makiao

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #197 on: 22 06 2014, 17:44:00 »
I use the dev version, and at the Moment i use 2 accounts in the same miranda. And one of them is ok with invisibility ant the other is everitime online. Think this does not help you ;) Just have cleaned all historys, nothing chhanged. befor i cleaned it was both, then only one and then i cleaned. it was not fixed by cleaning i want to say. Somthing weird is going on on the facebook side ;)

Offline mrx00

« Reply #198 on: 22 06 2014, 19:42:49 »
Hello,

i migrated to Miranda-NG with Facebook protocol 0.2.4.1, because messages were not received any more with Miranda-IM.

Now receiving messages works, but sometimes a popup (see attachement) is shown which text is similar to:
"The requested contents can not be shown. They are not available, or the link has been expired or you have no permission to request the site"

What is the cause for this error? How can it be solved?

I'm using facebook Germany. Facebook Protocol is set to use HTTPS and secure connection for channel access.

Best regards,
mrx00

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #199 on: 22 06 2014, 19:56:36 »
If you're using stable version: Just go to Facebook plugin options > advanced > and then check "Keep messages as unread on server (don't send "seen" info)"

Or you can just use development version - just go Options > Plugin updater > and check "Development version (less stable)". That problem is already fixed there as I understood. Be sure to restart Miranda NG when doing this. ;)
« Last Edit: 23 06 2014, 20:50:50 by Whiplash »

Offline Goraf

« Reply #200 on: 23 06 2014, 07:40:37 »
It looks like there is some memory leakage in facebook plugin. Miranda consumes over hundreds MB of RAM memory. Memory usage increases every 30 seconds with facebook plugin. Problem doesn't occurs without it. Oh and one question. Is facebook plugin CPU intensive?

Edited

It looks like it's facebook + console
« Last Edit: 23 06 2014, 17:29:07 by Goraf »

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #201 on: 23 06 2014, 09:43:16 »
It looks like there is some memory leakage in facebook plugin. Miranda consumes over hundreds MB of RAM memory. Memory usage increases every 30 seconds with facebook plugin. Problem doesn't occurs without it. Oh and one question. Is facebook plugin CPU intensive?
I never experienced such a problem. My Miranda almost never goes over 5.000 K.

Offline mrx00

« Reply #202 on: 23 06 2014, 20:36:06 »
@ Whiplash: thank you very much for your hint. Checking "Keep messages as unread on server" seems to solve the issue.

Best regrads,
mrx00

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #203 on: 24 06 2014, 08:22:48 »

Edited

It looks like it's facebook + console

Yes, Console is broken (and Facebook does many logging). About cpu intensivity it's hard to say, I don't know how to answer...
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline fikus

« Reply #204 on: 30 06 2014, 09:21:10 »
PROBLEM:

Facebook chat group have strange number instead of the name of the person, the number is the unique ID (cause if I click on and search for details I can see the name)
The icon on the try is showed also in low res and just for some istant (like 1min)

Tnx :)

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #205 on: 30 06 2014, 09:29:31 »
The reason can be that the person who sent you a message isn't your "friend". Or somebody invited you to the group chat.

Offline fikus

« Reply #206 on: 30 06 2014, 09:43:19 »
no they are all my friend

Offline Robyer

« Reply #207 on: 30 06 2014, 10:14:28 »
Group chats work this way right now. It's not finished. That's why there are numbers instead of names.

Offline fikus

« Reply #208 on: 30 06 2014, 11:05:34 »
ok, tnx man, there is just a way for the icon that no disappiar so quickly?
Miranda is alive again tnx u guys, I'm so exited to use it again !!!!!!!!!!!  :DRINK: :DRINK:

Offline Robyer

« Reply #209 on: 30 06 2014, 17:08:36 »
fikus, I think icon you're talking about (if I read it correctly in your another thread) works same as in Miranda IM so there were no changes to it.