Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360437 times)

Offline Doc Boy

Re: Facebook plugin
« Reply #135 on: 21 05 2014, 19:30:57 »
 ::) I must've been blind. Only saw those posts regarding the news feed

Offline neets

Odp: Facebook plugin
« Reply #136 on: 23 05 2014, 06:55:49 »
Fixed here (and tomorrow in updater): <link removed>

Thanks!! The message hasn't popped up so far :)
« Last Edit: 23 05 2014, 20:11:42 by Robyer »

Offline j_m

« Reply #137 on: 23 05 2014, 18:02:43 »
Hello, i was also getting same error message when using FB plugin.
I replaced it with plugin metnioned above, but now miranda doesnt start, Windows just displays message to close it.
I have 32bit version of miranda on 64bit W7. This happens on both of my PCs.

Thanks for help
« Last Edit: 23 05 2014, 18:07:23 by j_m »

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #138 on: 23 05 2014, 20:13:30 »
j_m, it is fixed in development version. If you're using stable, you can enable option to "keep messages as unread on server". Because root of that error message is in marking messages as read.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline j_m

« Reply #139 on: 24 05 2014, 16:31:28 »
Robyer, thank you for reply. But how should I install development version of FB plugin? As I mentioned above, when I just copy it over stable version of plugin and replace, then Miranda crashes immediately after start.

Thanks

Offline watcher

« Reply #140 on: 24 05 2014, 17:55:33 »
You can't install development version of FB plugin on earlier core, you should go dev version all the way. Or wait for a next stable.

On 0.94.9:

If you're using stable, you can enable option to "keep messages as unread on server". Because root of that error message is in marking messages as read.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Myshor

« Reply #141 on: 24 05 2014, 18:34:14 »
I was silent for some days...

My problem with the number/doubled contacts still occurs.

I delete all doubled contacts to get rid of them. Then relogin to facebook and they are showed as "profile numbers". Next relogin and they are as Full Name.

Don't know what causes this. :/ Can't find the source.
Maybe the mobile messenger login to facebook causes that they are showed as numbers.

I have job every Miranda start.
First I have to look for doubled contacts to remove them and not cancel the relationship. :P

http://www.miranda-vi.org/global/muzzyf8/ - for a look. (Always the latest development plugins)

Fear my anger, fear my power.
I'm Dark Angel undercover.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #142 on: 24 05 2014, 19:19:32 »
Myshor, that's just not possible... ???

Do you delete BOTH duplicit contacts? Or just that "new" (number) ones? Because you have to delete that "old" ones (or both).

It must be some problem in your profile. Did you tried empty profile? Does it make duplicit contacts on empty profile?

In latest versions (since I told you that it should be fixed) it MUST load contacts with names automatically (no numbers).

Btw how many contacts do you have on your profile?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Myshor

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #143 on: 24 05 2014, 19:27:22 »
New profile, imported contacts from file for GG, Jabber, Skype and Tlen showed on list after first login.

As Jabber/Skype/Tlen there was no contacts for Facebook and they showed after first login.
The problem is for only few contacts. (~10 people)
The other is fine.

So I think it's could be something with messenger - all this contacts client is Facebook (Mobile).

The Facebook (Website) don't duplicate.
Maybe it's happening when they are using both at the same time (I mean they have messenger online and browser chat enabled).

It's difficult to say, because I can't catch anybody online to ask about that bug what kind of client they use.

Offline rajibchakraborty

« Reply #144 on: 24 05 2014, 20:17:24 »
Can anyone tell me why I am gettIng the following error while chatting with this plugin

" The content you requested cannot be displayed right now "

« Last Edit: 24 05 2014, 20:22:11 by Robyer »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #145 on: 24 05 2014, 20:19:58 »
Myshor, so does it create duplicates even on clean profile?

"Problem" is this (it's very simplified):
1) When logging in, I request list of all contacts from your account. For contacts existing in your profile I update their name, avatar, etc. For contacts not in your profile yet I add them to your profile - these contact will have their name.
2) Then I request list of online people. In this response I get for most of contacts (mainly for mobile ones) only their ID (number) and no name. And I set statuses for these contacts. If this contact doesn't exists, I'll add (with only number instead of name).

You having contacts with numbers and duplicits could be explained only by:
a) not getting all friends in request #1 (this doesn't explain duplicits)
b) not working searching contact in profile (what are ids of these duplicit contacts? it should be numeric like 123456789. does it look different?)
c) http://www.picturesnew.com/media/images/aliens-meme-image.jpeg :-)

... hmm, maybe I found something. Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yl267xrdwlz0qfl/FacebookRM.7z

Offline Robyer

« Reply #146 on: 24 05 2014, 20:21:41 »
Can anyone tell me why I am gettIng the following error while chatting with this plugin

" The content you requested cannot be displayed right now "

rajibchakraborty, http://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=192.msg4589#msg4589

Offline Myshor

« Reply #147 on: 24 05 2014, 20:44:40 »
... hmm, maybe I found something. Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yl267xrdwlz0qfl/FacebookRM.7z

Testing. I'll answer about an hour when it's ok now.

It seem all is ok now. :)
« Last Edit: 24 05 2014, 21:48:41 by Myshor »

Offline j_m

« Reply #148 on: 25 05 2014, 17:10:45 »
Thanks for info, now I get it.
Just one more question. Workaround mentioned bellow works fine, but it is not perfect solution.
Do you know, when updated FB plugin will be available in stable distribution channel? I want to know, if it is worthy to install develepment version now or wait for stable update of plugin.

You can't install development version of FB plugin on earlier core, you should go dev version all the way. Or wait for a next stable.

On 0.94.9:

On 0.94.9:

Offline Robyer

« Reply #149 on: 25 05 2014, 17:38:25 »
It seem all is ok now. :)
Myshor,
Really? That's strange :-) I commited 1/2 of changes so it will be in updater tomorrow - let me know if it still works :-)

Do you know, when updated FB plugin will be available in stable distribution channel? I want to know, if it is worthy to install develepment version now or wait for stable update of plugin.

j_m, when new stable version of Miranda will be released. And that nobody knows when. Maybe in a month or so :)