Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360092 times)

Offline yvesson

Re: Facebook protocol
« Reply #720 on: 21 10 2018, 09:39:13 »
Hej,
How come that contacts who are not your friends are never shown online, even though they are talking to you ?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #721 on: 24 10 2018, 15:31:10 »
yvesson,
they don't talk, they request your confirmation to unblock them in Messenger
Miranda doesn't make any difference between approved & not approved contacts, so you could read their messages

Offline yvesson

« Reply #722 on: 27 10 2018, 09:47:26 »
Hej,
Thanks for your answer, ghazan, but what I don't get is that on fessebouc you can see non-friends but "messenger friends" "green", miranda can't access that information, or maybe it just hasn't been found how to, yet ?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #723 on: 27 10 2018, 15:28:10 »
at the FB site, you don't see messages from unconfirmed senders at all in the Messenger
you need to open the special page explcitly to view them

Miranda marks such contacts using the specific field ContactType BYTE, you can use QuickSearch plugin to visualize this column and delete all people with ContactType different than 1 or 2

Offline yvesson

« Reply #724 on: 29 10 2018, 10:40:26 »
Hej,
In fact, I don't see people marked as "2", how they are not confirmed if they talked to me and I talked to them already ?

Offline Thug

« Reply #725 on: 04 11 2018, 15:16:06 »
yvesson,
How come that contacts who are not your friends are never shown online, even though they are talking to you ?
Go to settings - network - FB account and check "Load also Messenger contacts at login (not only Facebook friends)". Have figured it out while was trying to add myself to the contact list.

I think it would be more correct to make this option checked by default.
« Last Edit: 13 11 2018, 06:14:20 by Thug »

Offline yvesson

« Reply #726 on: 04 11 2018, 15:41:55 »
Hej,
Well that option is checked, I see them in my list but always offline, that's what I meant.

Offline Thug

« Reply #727 on: 05 11 2018, 00:19:44 »
yvesson, I'm agree, the messanger contacts status is buggy.
Yesterday I tried to add myself to the contact list. Standart search function and AddContactPlus plugin apeared to be unable to do it (and this is another bug). Then I had checked the option I wrote above, and after several minutes I have seen myself in the contact list, and my status was online. But today I don't see myself online anymore. I have tried to remove myself from the contact list and wrote myself from the website, but this time it didn't even bring me back to the contact list ???
« Last Edit: 05 11 2018, 00:21:33 by Thug »

Offline yvesson

« Reply #728 on: 05 11 2018, 12:03:23 »
Hej,
Anyway, the option says "loads" which for me would mean the conversations are loaded but not necessarily that the contacts are shown online.
All my "messenger contacts" are "never seen" in their details.
I don't think it's buggy, it's just not made to do it.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #729 on: 06 11 2018, 15:32:33 »
I'm agree, the messanger contacts status is buggy.
these contacts aren't Messenger users only, these are people who aren't your friends, so their status isn't tracked (Miranda loads only info about your friends)

Offline Thug

« Reply #730 on: 13 11 2018, 14:58:32 »
these contacts aren't Messenger users only, these are people who aren't your friends, so their status isn't tracked (Miranda loads only info about your friends)
I have tested it for some time with a fake account. If you request authorization/friendship from a messenger contact, you will start seeing his online status if he ignores or even if he declines the request. So, Miranda can load info from non-friends too, but it should be improved. Official messenger clients work that way - they see non-friend contacts' online status (if they ever answered you), so Miranda should see them too.

Also Miranda doesn't store non-friends chat history at all - it is cleaned up every time you close a chat window.

And, as I wrote before, it's hard to add your own account to the contact list (search/add contacts/AddContactPlus don't allow you to do it).
« Last Edit: 20 11 2018, 03:48:00 by Thug »

Offline mida

« Reply #731 on: 22 12 2018, 09:19:12 »
I update nearly 8 hours ago facebook plugin over plugin updater but if i connect to facebook i get only crashes.

« Last Edit: 22 12 2018, 09:35:35 by mida »
sorry for my bad english

Offline ghazan

« Reply #732 on: 22 12 2018, 13:05:47 »
mida,
thanks for report, fixed, build uploaded  ::)

Offline mida

« Reply #733 on: 22 12 2018, 14:17:10 »
thank you ghazan, it works now  :THUMBS UP:
sorry for my bad english

Offline riki

« Reply #734 on: 23 01 2019, 14:30:04 »
It's been a couple of weeks that Facebook (the web site) gets angry when I log in with Miranda. Suddenly, it kicks me out and forces me to change password. It happened 5 times already. It doesn't happen every time I log in with Miranda, but only sometimes. I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly which circumstances cause the trouble.

Is it only me? Or has anything changed in the authentication protocol maybe?