Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 150879 times)

Offline Thug

• Version Info
Re: Facebook protocol
« Reply #750 on: 22 06 2019, 04:35:08 »
It's been a couple of weeks that Facebook (the web site) gets angry when I log in with Miranda. Suddenly, it kicks me out and forces me to change password. It happened 5 times already. It doesn't happen every time I log in with Miranda, but only sometimes. I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly which circumstances cause the trouble.
In my experience it happens when I download something (some torrent for example) that takes over all my internet channel. Miranda loses connection, Status Manager plugin tries to reconnect constantly, and FB eventually blocks my account.
« Last Edit: 22 06 2019, 12:46:06 by Thug »

Offline Morku

« Reply #751 on: 22 06 2019, 08:01:01 »
I give up.

After 2-3 month when the issue was reported, Facebook still kicks me out, when I use Facebook Miranda.

Before, I deleted the Facebook Account data in Miranda completly to create a new one. Second, I use always the latest Miranda Nightly and Facebook protocoll.

I logged into Facebook in Miranda, it worked for 2-3 days fine. I got a friendship request, accepted and just after about 1 hour -> kicked.

So... okay. No more Facebook in Miranda NG.

Offline Vulpix

• Beta Tester
« Reply #752 on: 22 06 2019, 13:28:23 »
It's being rewritten from scratch at the moment, so if you wait a while, and monitor these threads, eventually you should see a version that works.
« Last Edit: 22 06 2019, 13:33:18 by Vulpix »

Offline Morku

« Reply #753 on: 22 06 2019, 18:33:33 »
Thank you. Good to know.
Of course I understand, that technical the Plugin is fine and the block always is serverside. Facebook is a beast.
I will keep an eye on this thread. :)

Offline Vulpix

• Beta Tester
« Reply #754 on: 22 06 2019, 21:21:44 »
If you wish you can also monitor the commits on github, but I think since the Facebook protocol is a somewhat big thing, there may be a "stable" release for it when it's completed.

The commits can be seen here: https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/commits/

And you can see quite a few facebook-related commits in the past few days, courtesy of @Ghazan.

Offline riki

« Reply #755 on: 28 06 2019, 12:15:12 »
A new issue: after forcing the n-th password change on me, Facebook now won't let me login via Miranda. I bet this issue is already known by Ghazan and the other developers working on the FB plugin, but I am sending the very small netlog to @ghazan, just in case.

EDIT (addition)
The previous issue (no login via Miranda) has been solved. It wasn't Miranda's problem. I had to reset the password, because FB wouldn't let me log in by any browser. Maybe Miranda just triggered the problem? It is a possibility, because it happened right after an update, but the problem was general.

About lost messages in history:

Some messages are still retrospectively missed after the fact, even if I have "load last messages on opening message windows" set to 99 (max). I am not able to understand in which conditions this happens (it's not everytime, just sometime). Ok, this is not new.

But I do have some new information: it appears that the messages containing a quote are systematically missed by Miranda, not only in history after the fact: the messages are missed even if Miranda is online and the window is open when the message arrives.
« Last Edit: 08 07 2019, 21:49:30 by riki »