Author Topic: Steam protocol  (Read 271749 times)

Offline Robyer

Re: Steam protocol
« Reply #105 on: 28 11 2014, 21:19:42 »
Smiling Spectre, Vulpix, now I finally fixed that disconnection issue. Lets wait for watcher to compile new binaries and then test it :-)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline watcher

« Reply #106 on: 28 11 2014, 21:21:34 »
Binaries updated to r11135. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #107 on: 29 11 2014, 01:59:36 »
Smiling Spectre, Vulpix, now I finally fixed that disconnection issue. Lets wait for watcher to compile new binaries and then test it :-)

Great! I've updated and we'll see.

While we're at it, can you fix the message text limit issue? :p Currently it's so few characters I can't even paste most links :D

Offline Robyer

« Reply #108 on: 30 11 2014, 01:38:11 »
While we're at it, can you fix the message text limit issue? :p Currently it's so few characters I can't even paste most links :D

I'm not so familiar with code (yet), but from what I remember it's because for some request we use mobile api and for some web api. And for one of them it allow only these short messages and for other it allows longer messages but it has some different problem. I don't remember what exactly does what...

What am I saying is: It's not matter of "fixing a bug in code" but rewriting it to use different api/requests, so not that simple. And unsane (author of Skype plugin) is who knows where... Don't expect it from me to be done soon, but maybe I'll look at it someday  :)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline SneakyJoe

« Reply #109 on: 01 12 2014, 21:55:58 »
Works weird with cyrillics.
Please fix.

Ты видео глянул?
Я посмотрел как доставляется месага с миранды.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #110 on: 01 12 2014, 23:02:07 »
SneakyJoe, try this version and tell me if it's better or not ;-)
« Last Edit: 02 12 2014, 18:25:05 by Robyer »

Offline SneakyJoe

« Reply #111 on: 02 12 2014, 08:00:51 »
Nope, didn't work :-(

Is the fact that I'm using it not with nightly very crucial?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #112 on: 02 12 2014, 13:13:59 »
Is the fact that I'm using it not with nightly very crucial?

No, it was just blind try. Obviously it requires much more work, and I don't have time for that.

Offline Smiling Spectre

« Reply #113 on: 02 12 2014, 14:10:13 »
I have no idea about exact mechanism of the problem, but as I see it third time this week, I can at least explain symptoms. :)

Russian (or any other non-standard alphabet - I am sure about Greek for example) coded in UTF-8.

But parser is not always aware about it. And exactly this UTF-8 read as plain ASCII will return you this strange P-infested text.

BTW, it's P-infested in the Russia, where second UTF byte interpretes as Russian 'R' that is written as English 'P'. For the pure English parsers - like in Kingdom of Loathing, second web-site with this problem - this is 'Ð' instead.

Hope it will helps.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #114 on: 02 12 2014, 14:46:33 »
P-infested Russia? Kingdom of Loathing? Oh my, you just made my day :D

@Robyer: I'm referring to this: http://trac.miranda-ng.org/changeset/9716 I am pretty sure it was possible to write longer amounts of text, but the change was made to restrict it because of I don't remember what anymore.

Offline SneakyJoe

« Reply #115 on: 02 12 2014, 16:22:53 »
Okay, I'll be watching this thread in case you fix encoding problems for russia.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #116 on: 02 12 2014, 18:28:16 »
Vulpix, SneakyJoe, raised message length limit and fixed messages encoding 8)

Let's wait for watcher to release new build.  ;)

Offline watcher

« Reply #117 on: 02 12 2014, 18:44:50 »
Binaries updated to r11220. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline SneakyJoe

« Reply #118 on: 02 12 2014, 21:49:09 »
Seems that now it works with russian, thanks. But it sends messages with a few blank strings after them.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #119 on: 03 12 2014, 08:46:26 »
No, it works correctly for me. What does it even mean "blank strings"? Screenshot? Does it do for all messages or only some? Are you sure you don't put the "blank strings" there by yourself?