Author Topic: Profile Crashed = unknown format  (Read 818 times)

Offline SpinalBlood

Profile Crashed = unknown format
« on: 07 10 2020, 22:55:16 »
I know there is this solution: https://www.miranda-ng.org/en/news/unknown-profile-format

But I have this problem NOT after an update, but just a crash that happened suddenly; or rather, I had to terminate the process because miranda was frozen.

This is the second time it happened and I don't know what causaed this crash (most likely when I attempted to paste a url in the window messaging?)

I had a backup of some days earlier which is more or less ok but I lost a bit of facebook history. Is the broken profile fixable somehow?

Offline dartraiden

Re: Profile Crashed = unknown format
« Reply #1 on: 09 10 2020, 15:24:55 »
Download last alpha build 23402 or newer

Try
Code: [Select]
mdbx_chk.exe -i -w -v -t -1 "path\to\corrupted.dat"(backup corrupted db before any change)

if no success, try
Code: [Select]
mdbx_chk.exe -i -w -v -t -2 "path\to\corrupted.dat"
please report here about results :)

The following users thanked this post: SpinalBlood

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #2 on: 15 10 2020, 02:23:11 »
It worked!  :) (with the first command). Thanks!

Here's the log: I did it with two crashed profiles since it happened also on another backup profile used in the meanwhile:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Not sure if the report is ordinary and I can consider the profiles safe now, especially about the following:

Is the size a problem? Because about the sudden crashes, I'm wondering if they were related to a size issue, exceededing 512.000 kb?

This profile is pretty big and was recently converted by an older miranda that used the dbx_mmap and went from 3xx mb to almost 500 mb

Another thing to notice: after the migration, for some reason the history++ search was VERY slow, but after this recovery command, it seems to be now much faster (probably like it used to be before the migration?)
« Last Edit: 15 10 2020, 02:26:09 by SpinalBlood »

Offline trolrolo

« Reply #3 on: 15 10 2020, 05:34:35 »
I have similar problem. I have version 0.95.12 build 23274 since about 2 months.
After upgrade to 0.95.12 my profile has being corrupted several times. I'm restoring it from backup. I have backup plugin. Before the upgrade there was no such problem - never. I have been using Miranda since years..
It usually happened after Windows restart (normal restart. Start->Restart computer) or process termination Miranda from Task Manager
I known the solutions with compacting. It's better after compacting, but not solved the problem.

Today my profile was corrupted once again after computer restart because of Windows Update. Windows Update wanted me to restart computer, I have restarted and after log in there was an information from Miranda about corrupted profile.

It’s being so much annoying. Is there any solution for this ? My profile file.dat is not big about 23Mb

Another problem is that sometimes Mirranda is not responding it consumes about 20% of CPU. The only solutions is to kill process. But after killing process profile can be corrupted.

In plugins I have 2 dbx plugins:
db_mdbx.dll  0.95.9.1
db_mmap.dll 0.95.8.1
« Last Edit: 15 10 2020, 05:46:13 by trolrolo »

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #4 on: 15 10 2020, 16:36:07 »
It’s being so much annoying. Is there any solution for this ?
DbAutobackups and more frequent backups

or https://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=6117.msg27671#msg27671

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #5 on: 15 10 2020, 17:13:00 »
Is the size a problem?
Size is not problem on x64 builds.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #6 on: 15 10 2020, 17:13:52 »
history++
H++ is slow crap, we suggest to use NewStory as History Viewer

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #7 on: 15 10 2020, 20:18:02 »
I'm using x86 version, has the profile size a max capacity then? If I'll have problems because of this, I may switch to x64

I just checked NewStory, very similar, but it doesn't seem like it has global search and hotkeys (very handy functions that history++ has)...

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #8 on: 16 10 2020, 10:34:49 »
I'm using x86 version, has the profile size a max capacity then? If I'll have problems because of this, I may switch to x64

I just checked NewStory, very similar, but it doesn't seem like it has global search and hotkeys (very handy functions that history++ has)...

I tried newstory too, but I couldn't find bookmarks and search was also a bit clunky, so I have to agree with SpinalBlood... can we somehow get NewStory to implement these? :D

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #9 on: 16 10 2020, 14:36:05 »
I'm using x86 version, has the profile size a max capacity then?
~300 Mb

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #10 on: 16 10 2020, 14:36:52 »
can we somehow get NewStory to implement these?
Feel free to open tickets ;)

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #11 on: 16 10 2020, 17:37:37 »
~300 Mb

I'm not sure then because before updating it was already more than 300mb (never crashed); well I'll keep backup / monitoring crashes for now