Author Topic: Tons of serious problems  (Read 6733 times)

Offline Whiplash

Tons of serious problems
« on: 05 05 2016, 17:53:32 »
I tried for a long time to describe all the problems I have recently in Miranda NG, and I finally found time and nerves to do it. I'm not sure if all the problems should be threated as bugs or problems on my side, but I still decided to place my topic in this forum section.

First of all, I'm using Windows 7 (64 bit) and I'm getting different problems in both, development and stable version. So, that's how I'll sort them.

Development version:
1. When I'm trying to update Miranda to this version, I'm getting some weird message for one component. It says: Core/StdUrl.dll Deprecated!

2. Status icons are totally messed up. Some of them aren't showed and some of them are frozen.
I have no this problem in stable version.

3. Channels in IRC don't want to run automatically once the Miranda is started.
I have no this problem in stable version.

Stable version:
There is only one weird problem - I don't receive Facebook messages. I can see the tray icon blinking notifying me that somebody is typing me a message, but I never get it written. I have no this problem in development version.

Conclusion:
Using Miranda NG for me is now impossible. Whatever version I decide to use, I get troubles. So, please, if there is a way for me to send you all the info/files, just explain me how to do it. And ask if you have any other questions.

P.S.
Have in mind that I've already tried to totally uninstall Miranda NG from my PC and reinstall it, and that didn't work.

Offline Wishmaster

Re: Tons of serious problems
« Reply #1 on: 05 05 2016, 18:09:39 »
1) It means that this plugin was deprecated and will be removed by PluginUpdater. What is weird about that?

2) You mean the client icons?

3) Well, you're using it wrong, joining a specific channel must go to the event of the respective server. I'll test this.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #2 on: 05 05 2016, 18:53:29 »
1) as Wishmaster says. This is normal and you don't need to worry about it.

2) These are the row icons. It's up to you what you decide to show on the right side, you may need to customize it.

3) as Wishmaster says, you need to configure this for a specific server. So for example you are connecting to freenode:

then you have to set those joins for that server, like so:

I don't see any serious issues. If you have trouble, no problem, but all of your things should go into the "help" forum. They're not bugs from what I can see so far.

On stable, facebook proto is super outdated and not receiving messages is the least of your problems. You should definitely use the dev version.

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #3 on: 05 05 2016, 19:11:39 »
O boy. OK for the problem number 1. But problem number 2 actually IS a problem, and 3 too. How can you explain that it all works nicely in stable version then?

2. You probably don't even notice the real problem about that. Just look all those contacts. Some of them have icons and some don't. Also, those smilies are frozen no matter if there is or isn't new message. Once again, this all works nicely in stable version.

3. I used it like this for years, so it's not a problem that I produced. I even tried to set there only one channel to be joined, and that doesn't work either. And again, this woks as it should in stable version.

Edit:
Oh, seems like Vulpix guide helped there. Seems I had to chose server there again. But, hmm, I didn't need to chose it before. I always just left it as "Event: Available".
« Last Edit: 05 05 2016, 19:30:31 by Whiplash »

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #4 on: 05 05 2016, 19:34:05 »
For the icons, go here:

and also here:

And probably also here if you use the fingerprint addon:

Try checking/unchecking the options and hitting apply if you are not sure what they do exactly.

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #5 on: 05 05 2016, 19:47:20 »
Sorry, but notice that you don't have option to show icons for one Facebook contact and hide for another. I want them all visible and that's what I set in the options. But, as you see, they are not shown for some contacts. Also, as I said, chat activity icons (those smilies) are frozen for some channels. So, even I join the channel and see that there is no any activity, that icon still stays there.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #6 on: 05 05 2016, 20:07:41 »
Oh, that is strange. Those icons do disappear for me when I check the activity.

I recommend this - run a dbchecker on your miranda and make sure to tick "mark all events as read". Maybe that'll solve your problem, at least the symptoms say so.  If you don't have the dbchecker plugin/menu option, you can quickly start dbchecker by running the dbchecker.bat file in the miranda main folder. If it doesn't exist, create an empty dbchecker.bat file and paste this inside:

start /B Miranda32.exe /svc:dbchecker

(make sure to change 32 for 64 if you use the 64bit miranda)

As for the "extra icon", it might be the fingerprint addon if you have it. It won't display an icon in case the client is not recognized, which could be the issue. Try going into your options (after you checked the db) and set your row items similarly to this - make sure you have the icon and extra icons selected! It sounds like only the extra icons are currently enabled.

Offline Wishmaster

Odp: Tons of serious problems
« Reply #7 on: 05 05 2016, 20:25:41 »
Sorry, but notice that you don't have option to show icons for one Facebook contact and hide for another. I want them all visible and that's what I set in the options. But, as you see, they are not shown for some contacts. Also, as I said, chat activity icons (those smilies) are frozen for some channels. So, even I join the channel and see that there is no any activity, that icon still stays there.
Please give the next release of the development version a try and let us know if it is fixed. :)

The following users thanked this post: Whiplash

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #8 on: 05 05 2016, 23:17:54 »
Vulpix: Trick with .bat file didn't work, but thanks for your try anyway. Btw, I'm not using fingerprint plugin.

Wishmaster: O.K., I guess it's not uploaded yet. I'm on #16802 x64 currently. I'll make you know if new one fixed the problem. Thanks anyway.

« Last Edit: 06 05 2016, 08:31:08 by Whiplash »

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #9 on: 06 05 2016, 07:26:12 »
Vulpix: Trick with .bat file didn't work, but thanks for your try anyway. Btw, I'm not using fingerprint plugin.

Do you have dbchecker shown when you open miranda's plugin list? It should be a somewhat integral part of miranda so I don't know why you wouldn't; either way, if not, get it here:

http://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin:DbChecker/en

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #10 on: 06 05 2016, 08:28:56 »
Nice! Seems the new version fixed the problem. Thank you guys!
Well, at least that bug wasn't false alarm from my side. ;)
Anyway, I have dbchecker.dll in my plugin list, but for some reason I can't activate it.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #11 on: 06 05 2016, 15:05:54 »
Anyway, I have dbchecker.dll in my plugin list, but for some reason I can't activate it.
You can't activate it - it's "special" plugin not for "activation". You can start it as it is described on the wiki page.

About problem (3) I'm sure it worked this way before (as you are saying). That you didn't have to select server, but could use the "Event: Available" etc. which was then used for any servers. So if it does work in stable and doesn't in development, it is a bug.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #12 on: 06 05 2016, 15:10:19 »
About problem (3) I'm sure it worked this way before (as you are saying). That you didn't have to select server, but could use the "Event: Available" etc. which was then used for any servers. So if it does work in stable and doesn't in development, it is a bug.
Yeah, it's would be more simple if it could still work like that.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #13 on: 06 05 2016, 15:14:18 »
@Wishmaster: Maybe it is caused by this commit?
http://trac.miranda-ng.org/changeset/16155/trunk/protocols/IRCG
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #14 on: 06 05 2016, 18:57:38 »
@Wishmaster: Maybe it is caused by this commit?
http://trac.miranda-ng.org/changeset/16155/trunk/protocols/IRCG
Maybe, I tried to fix another issue. But nonetheless, joining channels should only be in the event of connecting to the specific server.

It never was correct to link it to the status event, although it worked.