Author Topic: Message from AIM system msg says AIM version is "going away"  (Read 12628 times)

Offline mng

Re: Message from AIM system msg says AIM version is "going away"
« Reply #15 on: 11 04 2016, 01:30:43 »
Yup, works for me too
It works!

The only thing that works right now is plaintext connection over aol.

clientLogin is not working at the moment with SSL.

Offline DanDaMan

« Reply #16 on: 24 04 2016, 23:47:32 »
The "development version" updates work mostly fine with AIM, but I get the message "Unknown error when attempting to modify a group. Error code 0xa" whenever I log in. I have to click OK a dozen times before it stays gone.

The "stable version" does not work with AIM at all still.

Offline DanDaMan

« Reply #17 on: 26 04 2016, 23:28:12 »
I'm noticing several odd bugs with Miranda NG, Development Build, using the AIM protocol.

1. As previously mentioned, I get "Unknown error when attempting to modify a group. Error code 0xa" about 20 times, and have to click Ok each.

2. After a day or two, suddenly I could no longer connect to AIM. I'd pick "Online" but the icon would stay grey and offline. I had to go into "Accounts" delete the AIM account, and then re-add it, and now I can connect again. Very odd.

Using Miranda NG Version: 0.95.5 alpha build #16744

Offline DanDaMan

« Reply #18 on: 04 05 2016, 02:32:40 »
0.95.5 alpha build #16797

Still getting "Unknown error when attempting to modify a group. Error code 0xa"

I'm new here, is there a better place to provide this feedback? I feel like im talking into a void.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #19 on: 04 05 2016, 18:53:46 »
There are 3 places to provide feedback:
1) this forum
2) our bug tracker - http://trac.miranda-ng.org
3) chatroom on jabber - link is on homepage

It's good to put bugs on tracker. But as there is no developer dedicated to AIM, it may just lay there for a long time too... Often is best to try to talk to some dev directly in our jabber chatroom (but not everyone is going there).

Someone (I don't remember his nickname here) was implementing the "clientLogin", so maybe try to contact him.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #20 on: 05 05 2016, 18:05:34 »
The problem is  known, there are other problems with ClientLogin which have to be fixed first.