Author Topic: [RESOLVED] SkypeWeb not Showing in Plugins  (Read 3350 times)

Offline SamboNZ

[RESOLVED] SkypeWeb not Showing in Plugins
« on: 05 01 2016, 02:18:47 »
Is there some tickbox somewhere I have to tick to enable development versions of plugins?

I ask because I copied SkypeWeb into my plugins folder, but it doesn't appear in my plugins list.
« Last Edit: 06 01 2016, 04:19:16 by SamboNZ »

Offline watcher

Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline SamboNZ

Re: SkypeWeb not Showing in Plugins
« Reply #2 on: 05 01 2016, 12:42:14 »
Hi watcher,

Thanks for the link.  I wasn't able to determine exactly what you were referring to on this page, however I tried installing skypeweb using the plugin updater, however it didn't show in either of the development groups, unless it is listed as 'skype'.

Any other ideas?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #3 on: 05 01 2016, 14:05:21 »
SamboNZ, you are using "stable" version of Core, that's why you can't load development plugins. First you need to switch to "development" core, i.e. change it in Options / Services / Plugin Updater, and then let it update everything via main menu.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline SamboNZ

« Reply #4 on: 05 01 2016, 14:11:52 »
Ah, so it's an 'all or nothing' option?  I have to either run *all* core or *all* development?

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #5 on: 05 01 2016, 15:19:54 »
Ah, so it's an 'all or nothing' option?  I have to either run *all* core or *all* development?

Yes - though, to be fair, I've been running the dev version for basically as long as I can remember... and I haven't had any trouble. Do make backups and you should  be fine.

Offline SamboNZ

« Reply #6 on: 06 01 2016, 04:18:11 »
Ok, installed the Dev version and now I can use SkypeWeb!  Thanks everyone!

It's SO nice to be able to message people on Skype and not have to use the AWFUL Skype client!!