Author Topic: Unable to Rename or Delete Jabber / GTalk / Hangouts Contacts  (Read 3580 times)

Offline SamboNZ

Hi everyone!

I've just made the move from Miranda IM after many years.  It's good to be using an actively developed IM client!

I almost have my NG config setup as I'd like it (I did a clean install and re-config from scratch), however, there are a couple of things which I am having issues with:
1) I am unable to rename *some* Jabber / GTalk / Hangouts (others are fine)
2) I don't seem to be able to delete Jabber / GTalk / Hangouts contacts.  In addition, there are MANY contacts in my Miranda NG contacts list which don't appear in my Hangouts contacts list, but I guess this could be a hangover from the GTalk days??
3) Is there a way to hide groups from the contact list?

Strangely, with the contact renaming issue; some contacts can be permanently renamed, some can be renamed temporarily (the revert after a while / client restart, and some will accept a new name, but will immediately revert back to their default name.

Has anyone got any ideas on what's going on here?

Thanks,

Sam.
« Last Edit: 04 01 2016, 13:21:06 by SamboNZ »

Offline Robyer

1) Try to enable Options / Network / <your jabber acc> / tab Extra / "Keep contacts assigned to local groups (ignore roster group)"

3) You can disable showing groups completely from contact list. (e.g. by clicking on empty space in clist/scrollbar and select "Disable groups", or in options). Or hide all contacts in particular group in Options / Contacts / Filtering and then use "Hide empty groups" (in clist context menu again)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline SamboNZ

Thanks for the suggestions Robyer, unfortunately I am still unable to rename contacts.

Offline SamboNZ

For what it's worth, I just updated to the Development version of NG, however I am still having the same issue.

Offline Vulpix

It sounds like there is something wrong with your profile.

Just as a test, set up a second, completely clean miranda profile and add your gtalk account to it. Then try to rename some contacts (= those that you cannot rename on your normal profile) and see if that works.

For example I have a bunch of jabber contacts and I have no issue renaming those.

Offline SamboNZ

Ok, same issue in a brand new profile.

Interestingly, I can rename the contact when jabber is offline, but as soon as I come online again, the contact reverts to the original name.