Author Topic: Writing CHAT LOGS to separate files per contact screen name  (Read 2384 times)

Offline dda

Hi,
This is my first post. I have long been a MirandaIM user and only just discovered MirandaNG.
This is very exciting... the prospect of bringing Skype back into the XMPP fold.

BUT I am dearly hoping that I can get MirandaNG to LOG CHATS in the same way as MirandaIM did. It seems that MirandaNG, by default, logs all chat to a database.

Specifically what I need is:
• All chat is logged to a specified directory.
• All chat is separated into separate files by ContactName. By this I mean that if I have a FaceBook Contact that I call "John" and I also have a ICQ contact to which I have given the screenname "John", then both of these contacts will be logged into a file called "John.txt". MirandaIM had a plugin called msg_export.dll that used to do precisely that.
• All chat entries are tagged with DATE and TIME.

Does anyone know if there is a plugin that does this?
I am working through the plugins, but I find there is almost NO descriptions for what each plugin does!!!!

Many Thanks,
DDA

Offline dda

Re: Writing CHAT LOGS to separate files per contact screen name
« Reply #1 on: 11 11 2015, 12:58:37 »
Sorry...... managed to find the right plugin.... even has a similar name.
msg_export.zip

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #2 on: 11 11 2015, 13:02:46 »
Similar name? As far as I know, the name is identical?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #3 on: 11 11 2015, 13:43:32 »
.dll or .zip are just file extensions. Name is same.

Anyway, you better look at this list (I guess you were looking in Plugin Updater's install window): http://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin_list

I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.