Author Topic: Facebook API unavailable?  (Read 3445 times)

Offline sloppdawop

Facebook API unavailable?
« on: 18 09 2015, 07:29:22 »
So since yesterday Miranda won't connect to facebook anymore. I guess they finally shut it down?

Offline Dimsok

Re:Facebook API unavailable?
« Reply #1 on: 18 09 2015, 07:46:49 »
Did try it now. Connect for me

Offline sloppdawop

Re: Facebook API unavailable?
« Reply #2 on: 18 09 2015, 08:30:47 »
Man, what is happening with my computer?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #3 on: 18 09 2015, 09:49:48 »
I guess they finally shut it down?
Nope. Plugin is behaving like web browser, it's not using any official public sucking api :-)

sloppdawop, do you use stable or development version of Miranda? I recommend switching to development. Then I guess it's this problem.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline sloppdawop

« Reply #4 on: 18 09 2015, 20:11:04 »
Then I guess it's this problem.

Something like that. Apparently they suspended my account temporarily because they identified suspicious activity. They got a log in try from San Jose, CA, United States in Google Chrome they say. I'm not in the States.

Is that connected to Miranda? Google once intercepted a login try from Spain when i used Loqui IM on my phone but that was due to the software architecture.

Sorry for the false alarm. I usually don't use the facebook website (thanks to you guys! :THUMBS UP: ), so i didn't realize. 
« Last Edit: 18 09 2015, 20:15:08 by sloppdawop »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #5 on: 19 09 2015, 04:35:10 »
They got a log in try from San Jose, CA, United States in Google Chrome they say. I'm not in the States.Is that connected to Miranda?
No, it's not related to Miranda - unless you used some web proxy. But even with proxy Miranda identifies itself as Miranda NG, not Google Chrome. So you better change your password I guess :)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.