Author Topic: System History no longer storing message history  (Read 3823 times)

Offline imtrobin

System History no longer storing message history
« on: 13 08 2015, 06:38:16 »
Hi, I notice recently my System History is no longer storing Messages, only Server authorization requests. It was working fine last year, I still have messages history from last year if I view in Global History Search. If I open a chat dialog, the chat history is fine there, just not showing in System History.

I'm on the latest stable for every plugin/miranda-ng. Where should I check?

Offline Robyer

Re: System History no longer storing message history
« Reply #1 on: 13 08 2015, 13:36:51 »
What kind of messages do you want to see in System History? Perhaps it was only messages blocked by StopSpam or similar plugin. Otherwise it makes no sense to have there any messages.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #2 on: 13 08 2015, 14:28:53 »
I still have messages history from last year if I view in Global History Search.

Global history search should generally have all of your history in it, hence it's called global history.

The system history stores information accepted authorization requests and nothing much else as far as I know.

Are you saying you don't see latest history in global history search?

Offline imtrobin

« Reply #3 on: 13 08 2015, 17:32:50 »
I don't have stopspam or those type of plugins. System History, I only see Server authorizations.

http://cyberversion.com/private/miranda/history1.jpg

The Global History Search can see the messages up to last year. Somehow, newer messages are not logged anymore after that date, and I just recently noticed.

http://cyberversion.com/private/miranda/history2.jpg

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #4 on: 13 08 2015, 17:35:12 »
System History is not the same as Global Hostory.

System history contains all system messages, global history the history for all contacts.

Offline imtrobin

« Reply #5 on: 13 08 2015, 18:40:47 »
ok, but still the problem, that global history since last year, does not store the history. Is there a setting to set this, I couldn't find it.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #6 on: 13 08 2015, 19:25:34 »
There is no setting for disabling history (unless you use some plugin like NoHistory or History Sweeper). Maybe something is corrupted in your profile, try to run the check: http://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin:DbChecker/en
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline imtrobin

« Reply #7 on: 14 08 2015, 03:48:02 »
I'm not running any cleaner. Yes, seems to be a profile problem. I ran the check, and some of this year messages up to May 15 show up now. I need to check the latest.

Offline imtrobin

« Reply #8 on: 14 08 2015, 03:49:33 »
Seems to be working fine now. Thanks a lot!

Offline imtrobin

« Reply #9 on: 14 08 2015, 04:05:41 »
Hmm, I spoke a bit too soon. It' seems All Results don't sort by date. It is showing by Order of contacts, that's why I get confused.  Is there a way to sort by date?