Author Topic: SkypeWeb protocol  (Read 182205 times)

Offline Vulpix

Re: SkypeWeb protocol
« Reply #105 on: 02 09 2015, 01:16:29 »
I am not able to message other people after the recent skypeweb update. Or rather, I can send a message, but I don't see it in the chat log and it comes back as "send timeout". It is actually sent though.

Reverting back to skypeweb from 30.8.2015 makes it work again.

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #106 on: 02 09 2015, 03:10:35 »
Netlog?

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #107 on: 02 09 2015, 08:03:27 »
Has to have been this commit: http://trac.miranda-ng.org/changeset/15134/ as there were no other changes to skypeweb.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #108 on: 02 09 2015, 13:47:26 »
Thanks @Mikalair, it's fixed in http://trac.miranda-ng.org/changeset/15147/ :)

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #109 on: 14 09 2015, 08:36:21 »
A very strange thing happened to me today.

I was chatting with one person, but then I needed to restart my PC. I restarted, logged back in and for some reason, SkypeWeb re-downloaded all of the messages I sent, for the past ~14 days or so. So all of my sent messages were duplicated in history.

I solved it by deleting the last 14 days and using the "Get server history" button, but this was the first time it happened. Unfortunately I did not have netlogging enabled at that point. Since this never happened before, could it be some change made to the plugin recently? Thanks for checking it if you can!

Offline WarmBooter

« Reply #110 on: 14 09 2015, 12:39:07 »
From time to time, it happens to me that Miranda Skypeweb download duplicated (already downloaded) messages.

Offline WarmBooter

« Reply #111 on: 18 09 2015, 12:43:01 »
Everyday, when I open Miranda for the first time, it loads a lot of messages that was already displayed in the previous day. It doesn't duplicate them in the chat history, but it was like it was receiving the messages for the first time (lots of chat windows poping up, etc).

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #112 on: 18 09 2015, 14:04:34 »
Everyday, when I open Miranda for the first time, it loads a lot of messages that was already displayed in the previous day. It doesn't duplicate them in the chat history, but it was like it was receiving the messages for the first time (lots of chat windows poping up, etc).

Try running the DB check and select the option "mark all messages as read". It helps sometimes.

@mikalair do you know where an issue could be with the duplicated messages? It still happens...

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #113 on: 22 09 2015, 00:51:22 »
This is still the case, by the way.

All of the messages that I sent are duplicated, for pretty much all of my skypeweb contacts.

Offline WarmBooter

« Reply #114 on: 22 09 2015, 01:33:46 »
dbcheck didn't help in my case.

Offline Mikalair

« Reply #115 on: 22 09 2015, 11:10:16 »
Vulpix, it should be fixed, remove doubled messages and resync history.
If you like my work, you can donate to me via Bitcoin: 1CHAseNjVFfLQViLWAhh1fe6fGTiR6p1UM

The following users thanked this post: Vulpix

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #116 on: 22 09 2015, 12:30:12 »
Vulpix, it should be fixed, remove doubled messages and resync history.

You're right. I removed & resynced and now my messages are normal again.

Thanks!

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #117 on: 22 09 2015, 12:43:07 »
Hi, I just set this plugin to the latest version, I have a question about offline messages:

It seems that the option "automatic  messages synchronization" disabled by default is a must to avoid the manual receiving of offline messages with the command "get server history". I didn't know such command existed at first since in the real skype the messages appear automatically;
but now I have activated that option and I get the offline messages, but NOT as incoming messages; they only appear in history. Is this normal? Can they appear as incoming messages too? The old Skype.dll based on skypekit did that normally

Also, it seems this plugin doesn't allow "very quick" sendings between them; I accidentally discover this because I sent 2 messages, each one with 1 only digit for testing purposes, but only the first one appeared as sent (in the real client); I tried to do fast sends in the real client too and it works fine there. Well it's not a big deal of course, such occurrence doesn't happen normally, just wanted to point that out.

Edited: just grammar
« Last Edit: 22 09 2015, 15:55:58 by SpinalBlood »

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #118 on: 23 09 2015, 11:26:29 »
I tried to activate the option "always notify as unread for all incoming messages" and now it works.

Without the option I noticed if the contact window was open before going online, the messages appeared but only in that case.

Maybe the history sync made them "read" for miranda, thus unable to be shown...?

Whatever...

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #119 on: 30 09 2015, 16:31:21 »
I have this spambot in my contact list and I am unable to  block him. He just randomly says "Hi" or "hey". It seems the block option doesn't work? Is this a skypeweb "feature" or a bug?

Thanks!