Author Topic: Show contact's device type?  (Read 2786 times)

Offline sloppdawop

Show contact's device type?
« on: 29 12 2014, 18:33:20 »
Hello!  :)

Don't wanna bother poor people using phones usually, so maybe have a phone/pc icon in the contact list? Facebooks at least gives out this information afaik. Is that possible? I'm using icq, facebook and google.

cheers..

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
Re: Show contact's device type?
« Reply #1 on: 29 12 2014, 18:43:06 »
"mobile only" is currently not possible I guess... but maybe not that bad as an idea...
Otherwise, Fingerprint NG is used to show other persons client. Thus should also detect if it's a phone or not. But you'll get this information from everyone, so you will probably not know if it's a phone by looking at the icon and you'll have to hover over it^^

Offline Robyer

Re:Show contact's device type?
« Reply #2 on: 29 12 2014, 18:51:54 »
Use my MobileState plugin, it should do exactly this :-)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
« Reply #3 on: 29 12 2014, 19:51:06 »
Robyer, why didn't you add this feature to Fingerprint NG? It's already doing similar stuff so there wasn't really a need for another plugin^^

Offline Robyer

« Reply #4 on: 29 12 2014, 20:28:36 »
Robyer, why didn't you add this feature to Fingerprint NG? It's already doing similar stuff so there wasn't really a need for another plugin^^

You said it yourself:

But you'll get this information from everyone, so you will probably not
know if it's a phone by looking at the icon and you'll have to hover over it^^

It's completely different thing. Fingerprint shows client icon and it's very big and "complex". MobileState does one simple (and different) thing very simple, that's why it's different plugin ;-)

If user want to see user client, they'll take Fingerprint.
If user want to see if contact is on mobile, they'll take MobileState.

Simple as that  :P
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.