Author Topic: Dev status ? Which Clist ? any IRC ?  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Pirlouy

Dev status ? Which Clist ? any IRC ?
« on: 15 09 2014, 17:34:08 »
Sorry several little questions, but I prefer to have one thread.

In stable or development package, there's only clist_modern. Does that mean you maintain only this clist ? The clist_classic is abandoned ? The clist_nicer is listed as a plugin, does that mean it is less developed (less bugfix) than clist_modern (which is in official package) ?

In general, I try to use maintained version that's why I'm asking this.

As a long Miranda IM user, I'm one of the few still on IRC on freenode server, channel #miranda. Is there a channel for Miranda NG ?

Offline watcher

Re: Dev status ? Which Clist ? any IRC ?
« Reply #1 on: 15 09 2014, 19:29:46 »
Does that mean you maintain only this clist ? The clist_classic is abandoned

clist_classic is now called StdClist, it's automatically activated when you deactivate all the other contact list plugins.

The clist_nicer is listed as a plugin, does that mean it is less developed (less bugfix) than clist_modern (which is in official package) ?

No - it just means that we like to use clist_modern in our basic package, same as Miranda IM used clist_classic in their basic package. Other plugins can be installed in 2 clicks using PluginUpdater downloader/installer from the main menu.

In general, I try to use maintained version that's why I'm asking this.

It's a plugin-based program, you can use whatever you want, basic pack does not mean "the only right one".

As a long Miranda IM user, I'm one of the few still on IRC on freenode server, channel #miranda. Is there a channel for Miranda NG ?

XMPP conference - xmpp:miranda-ng-int@conference.jabber.ru?join

Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Pirlouy

« Reply #2 on: 18 09 2014, 22:14:59 »
Thanks for these answers. I did not notice before that clist_classic was not listed because integrated in the core.
I am back to this simple and practical StdClist, the same goes for Srmm and chat module.

I prefer when IRC was used for Miranda channel, but maybe jabber is the same after all.

Offline watcher

« Reply #3 on: 18 09 2014, 22:39:45 »
I prefer when IRC was used for Miranda channel, but maybe jabber is the same after all.

Let's say - it's not so different.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.