Author Topic: Latest update to Skype Classic plugin  (Read 4216 times)

Offline makloda11

Latest update to Skype Classic plugin
« on: 12 09 2014, 21:54:29 »
The development log says:

SkypeClassic?: Sync from leechers repo

Bugfix: Not checked return value of Typing notification causing stale ERROR
messages that can be eaten by subsequent MESSAGE commands leading to loss of
incoming messages.

Can anyone confirm if this means the Skype Classic plugin now keeps messages 100% in sync with the Skype executable and there no longer any 'lost' messages? This was the big problem with the plugin for me. It seems it lost about 2-4% of all incoming messages, seemingly randomly.

Offline Robyer

Re: Latest update to Skype Classic plugin
« Reply #1 on: 13 09 2014, 10:41:40 »
makloda11, can YOU confirm it's fixed now?  :)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline makloda11

« Reply #2 on: 13 09 2014, 12:46:46 »
How can I download a binary version of this plugin? I just saw it in the development logs? Are these built every night somewhere?! Sorry for asking  :D

I'd love to test it and report back.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #3 on: 13 09 2014, 13:28:37 »
Yes, everyday I'm shuffling... I mean every night is compiled development version from trunk. You can switch to development versions in Options / Services / Plugin updater.  ;)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline makloda11

« Reply #4 on: 13 09 2014, 16:42:16 »
Thanks Robyer, I updated with the development branch of the plugins.

I just had a conversation with about 140 messages total in and outgoing and I couldn't spot any dropped/lost messages so far. Maybe not big enough a sample, but so far it looks encouraging. Will report back in a few days.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #5 on: 14 09 2014, 06:00:32 »
Sounds great. Thanks for info :-)

Offline makloda11

« Reply #6 on: 14 09 2014, 09:42:09 »
Ok after some more testing I have to report that I had 2 'dropped' messages today. Those are messages that are displayed in the Skype window but never made it into the miranda NG message window for the SkypeClassic plugin.

This problem has been plaguing this plugin for years (probably ever since Microsoft took over) and unfortunately it didn't go away with this fix for me.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #7 on: 14 09 2014, 10:09:40 »

Offline makloda11

« Reply #8 on: 17 09 2014, 21:41:21 »
Will do