Author Topic: ICQ Protocol  (Read 11005 times)

Offline kaomot

ICQ Protocol
« on: 24 07 2014, 19:34:29 »
Hello everyone!

I remember that ICQ was the very reason that made me start using Miranda in 2002, and it was sad for me to have to leave ICQ in 2004, since everyone I knew had migrated to MSN.

Thanks to the amazing mobile app that ICQ has launched, many people I know have started to use ICQ again (recently, more than 1 million people in Brazil downloaded the ICQ app on Apple Store over one week - on Google Play I heard it was even more). Thanks to this, I have no need for Whatsapp and Skype anymore, I have uninstalled both from my phone and I intend to use only ICQ from now on.

Well, I see everyone talking about many things here, but not about ICQ, so I would like to know what is going on with the ICQ protocol development.

Regards

Offline Doc Boy

Re: ICQ Protocol
« Reply #1 on: 23 09 2014, 23:03:36 »
Apparently no one cares about icq anymore  :'(

Since a few days ago I have the problem that sometimes messages just vanish. The recipient gets nothing even though I don't get an error. And sometimes when others send me messages (especially longe rones) I just get a message full of chinese letters  :-\

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #2 on: 04 10 2014, 15:41:00 »
what is going on with the ICQ protocol development.
It works. Not much to say, really.

Offline mida

« Reply #3 on: 04 10 2014, 17:53:13 »
today i got my first two messages over icq that get only chinese letters.
i hope that icq will have more priority as now in this moment.
sorry for my bad english

Offline watcher

« Reply #4 on: 04 10 2014, 18:20:30 »
today i got my first two messages over icq that get only chinese letters.
i hope that icq will have more priority as now in this moment.

They constantly break something in protocol. If you have some problem, read my signature, provide netlog, tell us how to reproduce it. Problem that can't be repeated - can not be fixed. And i don't have any, so i can't debug it.  If you won't help us help you - then it's all just talking.
« Last Edit: 04 10 2014, 18:22:43 by watcher »
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline mida

« Reply #5 on: 04 10 2014, 21:40:18 »
thank you but i cant reproduce it.
what i can is only all time us netlog and maybe somtime i get it again
sorry for my bad english

Offline watcher

« Reply #6 on: 04 10 2014, 21:55:56 »
mida, maybe that was a glitch on a service side.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Doc Boy

« Reply #7 on: 07 10 2014, 22:52:13 »
I have also tried everything to reproduce the error - impossible. When I get a "chinese" message, my chat partner can copy and paste it and the second try works. Very strange. But apparently this is a problem of ICQ, because folks using the original client get this problem too now.

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #8 on: 04 12 2014, 14:47:37 »
I noticed a problem; the offline messages received when someone goes online, are reported with the current timezone, not the real time which the messages have really been sent by the other contact.

I have also tested sending messages to an ICQ 8 User but on his side the timezone of my messages is shown correctly.

ICQ.dll v.0.11.2.5 [2 Aug 2014 15:20:24] - IcqOscarJ protocol

Offline r_a_d

« Reply #9 on: 08 06 2015, 10:14:29 »
Hi, I have changed my ICQ password few days ago and cannot connect with the new one in Miranda (Error connection. UIN and password was rejected by server.). The new password is working at icq.com or ICQ messenger properly, just not in Miranda. I have tried settings: SSL, slogin.icq.com, port 443 and no SSL, login.icq.com, port 5190.

update: I have registrated another ICQ account before a while, but it is not working in Miranda as-well..

icq.dll IcqOscarJ protocol 0.11.3.2
Miranda NG v0.95.4 build #13028 x64
« Last Edit: 08 06 2015, 13:01:47 by r_a_d »

Offline Tomaso

« Reply #10 on: 11 06 2015, 22:05:56 »
Last time I checked, the ICQ protocol was still pestered by one of the most severe bugs ever to affect Miranda IM/NG..
I'm refering to the bug related to adding new ICQ contacts, where new contacts added from Miranda always are shown as being OFFLINE!
This is a very old bug (I'm talking many years here), which also were present in Miranda IM.
As far as I know, it has never been fixed.
..or has it?
At least, I couldn't find any mention of in Miranda NG's bug tracker.
As i recall, there was this workaround that involved checking the "All users may add me to their Contact List" option and performing some rather tricky operations, but I don't think that I ever got it working myself.
Personally I've just been using ICQ2Go when adding new contacts.
« Last Edit: 11 06 2015, 22:08:57 by Tomaso »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #11 on: 12 06 2015, 05:43:36 »
Tomaso, I think it worked for me more or less. I just always asked for authorization again (either again after adding or after contact already gave me authorization), and then contact appeared online.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #12 on: 12 06 2015, 10:58:55 »
Tomaso, it has been fixed in Miranda NG 0.95.2. When was the last time you checked?

Offline Tomaso

« Reply #13 on: 12 06 2015, 13:57:59 »
Tomaso, it has been fixed in Miranda NG 0.95.2. When was the last time you checked?

I haven't added a new ICQ contact for quite some time now, and the last time might very well have been before v0.95.2.
Good to hear that you guys finally tracked that problem down! :)
Must have been challenging, considering that the bug seems to have been present since late 2007!

Offline matsoka

« Reply #14 on: 17 06 2015, 05:26:04 »
MirandaNG ICQ plug-in can't be used with the passwords longer than 8 character. Now maximum length is 16 characters.
This means you can set your password on the official web site (10 characters for example) but can't use it with Miranda. You won't be authorized.
Can it be fixed?
« Last Edit: 17 06 2015, 05:28:00 by matsoka »