Author Topic: Want to disable names in message log.  (Read 3981 times)

Offline thesting

Want to disable names in message log.
« on: 15 07 2014, 02:24:33 »
I don't understand why NG messes up the options and why I needed to install an older version of NG to be able to use my IM .dat profile.

Anyway, my current problem:

I can't find a way to disable names in the message log (chat window).
The only halfway useful option I found is "Use Message Grouping" which combines messages from each user and only puts the name once.

Miranda IM offered an option called "Show names" to disable it under Options-Message Sessions-Messaging Log.

Is there some hack I can do? lol

Offline Robyer

Odp: Want to disable names in message log.
« Reply #1 on: 15 07 2014, 06:02:03 »
I don't understand why NG messes up the options and why I needed to install an older version of NG to be able to use my IM .dat profile.

Have you read release notes?

Miranda IM offered an option called "Show names" to disable it under Options-Message Sessions-Messaging Log.

Maybe you're using different communication window than before? I believe option like this wasn't removed.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline watcher

Re: Want to disable names in message log.
« Reply #2 on: 15 07 2014, 06:22:11 »
IM profile will never again work straight under Miranda 0.95.1 and higher - compatibility had to be broken to gain new features drom database. Version 0.94.9 serves as a converter and this will stay for the time being.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #3 on: 15 07 2014, 06:31:03 »

No one messed with your anything

Uncheck Scriver or TabSRMM in plugins (or delete dlls) and you will be back to basic message window.
Know the plugins you are using, don't blame others for your own ignorance.

Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline thesting

« Reply #4 on: 15 07 2014, 09:34:42 »
Hi.

Thanks for the support.

I read the release notes and about having to "update to an older version".
It was confusing at first, until I figured out that I had to backroll, run it with the IM user file and then simply update the program.

So, anyway:
Disabling the TabSRMM.dll works and brings back the old options.
I try to know the plugins but how can you possibly expect me to know that the dll, which NG comes with, removes this specific feature?

So long.